• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Great video of 6497 service

Poker

16/3/12
Here's a nice video showing a full disassembly and reassembly+oiling of a 6497 done by a watchmaker.

I found it very educational, especially the oiling locations and amounts were nice to see up close.

[YOUTUBE]Xnh7O22mduE[/YOUTUBE]

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Awesome video with superb POV, great macro shots. Loving the attention to detail with the oiling, and the quality of the video really does help detail just how fine this is.

Thanks for sharing!

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Wow....that was amazing. Thanks

Sent from my pet pigeon using wing power

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
What a nice looking movement. Notice how all the screws are removed counterclockwise except for the crown wheel which is removed clockwise :)

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
Really amazing video. I learnt how to service my own 6497 after looking at this video and studying the ETA 6497 disassemble / assembly slides.

rhaug

Known Member
25/8/15
Sound great, would love to see it. Any chance of a Youtube link for the Flash-less of us? thanks!

bashir

Horology Curious
8/5/16
Hi guys...

I'm new here & fairly new to homage watches as well. This thread is the first thread I read on this forum...wanting to know how easy/difficult it is to service one of these movements oneself :) guess if anyone's ever brave enough to tinker with your own movement, it's a cheaper replica you're going to try your luck on.

This is quite an old thread & looks like there have been some recent interest in the video.

I've found 1 other clip you might find useful (not intending to step on the OP's toes)

Manual Movement Overhaul (ETA6497)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87hG9rBmK9g

Reactions: jasonzsjy