• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Great transaction with Ryan - Cartier BB 33mm w/ ice blue dial & "diamond" bezel

cat_fashion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/7/22
United States
Aug. 16:
Placed my order for through the website. Received a link via email w/ instructions on how to pay (on a second website). Paid via CC on the second website according to instructions (by adding items amounting to the same total as my watch purchase).

Aug.21:
QC images received via email.

Aug.22:
GL'd QC.

Aug.23:
Received shipping notification with tracking number.

Sep.3:
Watch arrived in my mailbox without incident.

This was my first time making a purchase with InTime, and I thought the transaction went very smoothly. The ship time was also much faster than I was expecting. The watch itself arrived in perfect condition. No cosmetic flaws, no performance issues, just a really great looking watch! I will be shopping with InTime again.

Reactions: KJ2020

cat_fashion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/7/22
United States
I just took the watch out to resize the bracelet and it appears to be dead. I will be emailing Ryan to see what he says and will post an update here when I have new news.

Oevo

Looking Around
10/7/22
I just took the watch out to resize the bracelet and it appears to be dead. I will be emailing Ryan to see what he says and will post an update here when I have new news.
Good luck with Ryan, he will answer that it is your fault....

• Haha
Reactions: KushBandit

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Yikes! I hope he's not that bad. I'll let you know what happens.
He's not, Ryan is great and a TD for good reason. I recommend having a local watchsmith, or one on the forum, have a look at the watch and service it. Shipping the watch back to China to have it repaired is a gamble I wouldn't bet on, as it can get lost or confiscated at customs.

What exactly is the watch doing? Are you giving it a full wind-up? Have you tried giving it a bit of a shake after winding it?

cat_fashion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/7/22
United States
He's not, Ryan is great and a TD for good reason. I recommend having a local watchsmith, or one on the forum, have a look at the watch and service it. Shipping the watch back to China to have it repaired is a gamble I wouldn't bet on, as it can get lost or confiscated at customs.

What exactly is the watch doing? Are you giving it a full wind-up? Have you tried giving it a bit of a shake after winding it?
Yeah, I have a local watchsmith I can take it to - but I'm hoping to get a replacement movement if possible. The watch is just not moving, and the crown doesn't turn. I can open the crown to set the watch, but in the closed position, it doesn't wind, and general motion doesn't seem to wind it either.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Yeah, I have a local watchsmith I can take it to - but I'm hoping to get a replacement movement if possible. The watch is just not moving, and the crown doesn't turn. I can open the crown to set the watch, but in the closed position, it doesn't wind, and general motion doesn't seem to wind it either.
Is it from K3F?

I'd just have the watchmaker look at it, I'm not familiar with the Cartier cloned movement, but I'm sure it's probably really simple. Ask Ryan if you can buy a movement from the factory as a spare backup

Reactions: cat_fashion

cat_fashion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/7/22
United States
Is it from K3F?

I'd just have the watchmaker look at it, I'm not familiar with the Cartier cloned movement, but I'm sure it's probably really simple. Ask Ryan if you can buy a movement from the factory as a spare backup
Yeah, it's K3F.

I have a couple other variations of the same watch, but they are from AF Factory and have never given me issues. I'm considering asking Ryan if I can buy a movement from them instead. Could be the faulty movement in this watch is just bad luck, or could be a quality control difference between K3F and AF.

cat_fashion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/7/22
United States
Ryan offered to either have me send the watch back to China for repair or to receive a credit toward having it repaired locally. I am opting to take it to my local guy. I'm very happy with this resolution. I will definitely shop with Ryan/Intime again and feel good about recommending him to others.

cat_fashion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/7/22
United States
I finally got around taking this watch to my local guy last week. Turns out one of the jewels had come loose during shipping and gotten lodged somewhere it shouldn't be. Watchmaker fixed it and it now works flawlessly.

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
I finally got around taking this watch to my local guy last week. Turns out one of the jewels had come loose during shipping and gotten lodged somewhere it shouldn't be. Watchmaker fixed it and it now works flawlessly.
Good for you. The same thing happened to me too. 2 weeks ago. Watch arrived DOA. My watch guy found a loose pice of metal and when he opened it and it started right up . Bad news is the loose pice of metal happened to make its way through the watch before stopping movement - but happen to break a few teeth on a wheel or on the hairspring. Now my watch is 15 minutes fast in a 24 hour period.

Took it to 2 watch guys and both said cheaper to buy a new movement - the Trusted repair guys on this site we’re all booked up and the 2 local watch guys were quoting me any where from 228 to 350 to repair (if they could find clone parts ). So I was able to get chazetime to sell at cost and cover the shipping.

Check your watches time accuracy

GE206032880

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
Los Angeles
Sell the movement at cost. The 100 bucks is way cheaper than the high chance of it getting confiscated and or dropping 250 to 350 to repair when original VSF omega was around 400

cat_fashion

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/7/22
United States
Good for you. The same thing happened to me too. 2 weeks ago. Watch arrived DOA. My watch guy found a loose pice of metal and when he opened it and it started right up . Bad news is the loose pice of metal happened to make its way through the watch before stopping movement - but happen to break a few teeth on a wheel or on the hairspring. Now my watch is 15 minutes fast in a 24 hour period.

Took it to 2 watch guys and both said cheaper to buy a new movement - the Trusted repair guys on this site we’re all booked up and the 2 local watch guys were quoting me any where from 228 to 350 to repair (if they could find clone parts ). So I was able to get chazetime to sell at cost and cover the shipping.

Check your watches time accuracy

Oh wow! 228-350 is steep! Which factory made the watch this happened to? What model was it?

Luckily the loose jewel didn't do any damage in mine. My watch guy opened it up to make sure. He was already doing some other (pricier) stuff for me so he didn't charge me for the fix on that one. The timegrapher readout for it was excellent and the accuracy has been consistent since.