• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Portuguese Chrono

mjywatchguy

Known Member
13/5/06
I am looking at getting an IWC Portuguese chrono, but one thing is still making me hesitate. Since it is a seconds at 6 chrono using an Asian 7750, will it have the same problems as the Daytona with seconds at 6? Did they make the same mods (like in the daytona) to make the seconds at 6 work? Just wondering.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I haven't had an excuse to take mine apart yet but I would assume "yes". how else are they going to get the chronos moved around?

It is the new 28,800bph movement though so it should have the improvements associated with it and with one less subdial it should have even fewer potential problems.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
The Daytona uses 11 extra cogs to get the seconds to 6. The IWC uses ... 2?

The scale of the problem isn't at all the same.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
hey Pug's is correct! since they only had to relocate one subdial and remove the other it should be much more simple.... now I have to take mine apart to see how they did that! :D

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
Powering 3 subdials+ the chrono is a bit much to ask of the 7750, especially in 7753 configuration.

I don't see any issue with the IWC Chrono (which incidently is on my wrist right now).

My watch guy said hte 28.8 version of the 7750 will actually be a bit less powerful than a lower beat version. He explained the science, but I was busy looking at my shiny serviced watch.

Z

mjywatchguy

Known Member
13/5/06
I started this thread a little while ago, now I see the discussion is back. Is this information correct?