• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Go-to smith for CF GMT bezel work?

IPromiseItsFake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
28/4/21
ConUS
Is there a go-to smith for working on the loose CF Pepsi GMT bezels? I’ve messaged a few trusted smiths in the ReptimeServices subreddit and one said he doesn’t do bezel work and the others haven’t replied, which is pretty normal as they never replied about VSF Seamaster work either.

I’m in Houston but don’t mind sending it off.

hib7&

Horology Curious
24/10/22
Have you tried it yourself to see if you could adjust it? Typically it's an issue with the inner bezel gasket but many members here have had good experiences using dental floss or electrical tape to adjust the gasket's footprint and get a smoother rotating experience as the bezel on ceramic GMT & Submariner's are quite easy to remove.

silentelephant

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/16
Michigan, USA
@KJ2020 mentioned in a thread about cleaning up the gunk under the CF Pepsi bezel that he uses fishing line to replace the hytrel ring that holds on the CF bezel

A regular watch smith could fix it but gen/aftermarket hytrel gaskets apparently don't fit the CF bezel.

So if it's already loose as in it comes off easy you could replace the ring with fishing line pretty easily on your own I think