• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT - CF vs GEN insert comparison.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hello,

Little comparison i did today on a new build I'm doing, it's a CF insert in a stainless steel bezel vs genuine pepsi in white gold bezel.

Enjoy!

zHeRi1.jpg
zHeEVv.jpg
zHe7wK.jpg
zHefCj.jpg
zHeFG4.jpg
zHeSLI.jpg
zHeb7X.jpg
zHe08c.jpg
zHeVYb.jpg
zHeJ3i.jpg
zHegc5.jpg
zHecwp.jpg
zH5ZiF.jpg

Last edited:

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
Thanks for this! I'm on the fence about the GMT's. I want one so bad. These don't look too bad, I've definitely seen worse.

Reactions: Oascom

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi oascom , thanks for doing this comparison. It seems that the differences are more visible under strong natural light. If it's not too much to ask, any chance you'd be able to make a couple of pics under good sunlight? Thanks in advance

Gaz1a

Franken Monster
Patron
Certified
6/4/21
LAX
Hi oascom , thanks for doing this comparison. It seems that the differences are more visible under strong natural light. If it's not too much to ask, any chance you'd be able to make a couple of pics under good sunlight? Thanks in advance

I think a useful comparison would be under UV light - that’s where you spot the main difference…

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Night and day difference. Would love to see factories give that insert another attempt. Looks like a MK1?

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Am I the only one that think Clean has nicer color than gen lol?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I think a useful comparison would be under UV light - that’s where you spot the main difference…

Forget about this, the Clean does not shine like the gen under UV light we know that

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18

If the color is accurate, this does not matter in my opinion. Well at the moment color isn't accurate either!