• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gmt Batman franken build

HEMIRACE

Horology Curious
11/1/23
Ireland
Hope this is the correct forum to post this, I’m a complete noob and novice to this topic but have been doing some research and all I can find is people saying how difficult it is to get oem Batman parts o_O

Anyway not to be deterred, I’m hopefully looking to get some info
Im Due to receive my Jtime cf gmt Batman soon!
I just received a gmt master 2 franken build that I purchased from kalev on here which has genuine bezel, insert, dial, hands, crown, glass and date wheel etc and I’m absolutely in love!

What I’m wondering is, what are my chances of locating a genuine gmt Batman dial, hands, bezel and insert?
Along with the crown wheel and glass?
Am I completely wasting my time searching?
I don’t have the ability to build it myself either so will be using a recommended watchmaker!

Any advice or info would be very welcome :)

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
VERY difficult. Assuming you’re able to score a gen batman bezel, that will set you off €2.5k and up. Dial 1k+, hands 600+. Those parts prices are very much up to the seller being them not regularly sold.
Crown, crystal and datewheel are the same as a regular 116710 so that will be the easy part.

Reactions: RDRoss

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Hope this is the correct forum to post this, I’m a complete noob and novice to this topic but have been doing some research and all I can find is people saying how difficult it is to get oem Batman parts o_O

Anyway not to be deterred, I’m hopefully looking to get some info
Im Due to receive my Jtime cf gmt Batman soon!
I just received a gmt master 2 franken build that I purchased from kalev on here which has genuine bezel, insert, dial, hands, crown, glass and date wheel etc and I’m absolutely in love!

What I’m wondering is, what are my chances of locating a genuine gmt Batman dial, hands, bezel and insert?
Along with the crown wheel and glass?
Am I completely wasting my time searching?
I don’t have the ability to build it myself either so will be using a recommended watchmaker!

Any advice or info would be very welcome :)
I saw one on chrono24 for $5500.

Friend has one with gen bezel dial hands crystal crown that he was thinking of selling.