• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF no date sub review

blurz28

semper ubi sub ubi
15/12/22
OK, US
I don't have much reference other than the VSF cookie monster I bought off here and my gen Breitling so I'll try and give as accurate representation of my thoughts on the watch.
It's a GMF replica of the Artisans de Genève Rough Matte Diver custom Rolex
I wanted it because I absolutely love the look of the watch face. It has an SA3130 movement... it seems to work well enough. I'll have to come back and update but I planned on replacing the movement with a VS3135 that has been converted to a 3130.
Anyhow, the watch looks and feels really good... not sure if I like the matte finish but it is consistent throughout. the front and back are a matte finish but the edges of the case and bracelet are nicely polished. The hour markers are consistent in coloring and line thickness. The printing is nice and clear... I'm not knowledgeable enough to say if the font and print is correct but it looks good. Laser etched crown is there and the lume is pretty good but idk how long it stays bright.
Mechanically, the bezel is smooth... it doesn't make the same sound my vsf does but it isn't bad... just different. The clasp closes perfectly and the glide lock mechanism is smooth and easily adjustable. The crown screws and unscrews without issue, setting the time is smooth and easy... winding is where it falls short... the mechanism winds ok but it just feels clunky as if I can feel every spline in the gear as it interfaces with the next gear. It is no where near as smooth as the VSF movement or my gen Breitling

Like I said though, time will tell if the movement lasts