• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF superocean heritage II 42mm - Hands issue?

Repmax27

Known Member
Certified
23/5/22
EU
Dear friends, I just ordered a GF superocean heritage II and I am waiting for QC.

I was preparing myself for QC and went through reptimeQC and some reviews. I found different state of qualities in hands.

There was a blue dial first, that made me buy this watch. Let me show you:

Then I found a new QC for actual batch, this guy ordered two peace’s, black and blue dial, bought are same state.

There is a small white line around the hands. Then I checked all white dial QCs and there you go, you won’t the the white line.

So either they have different quality in hands(we’re talking about the silver hands only), or it’s just the white dial that is covering the white line on hands.

In comparison the rose hands are on another level, at least for my eyes.

Do you guys see what I see?

I am just wondering if it would be better to switch from blue to white dial.

Eric from Geektime said, it’s just one version of hands, they never changed it. But on different QCs over the last 16 month I checked, there is a difference.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Reps always have minor flaws when the pic is blown up 500 times. Your realistic solution is to order Gen parts. They can be found on watch sites, eBay, and I used one in England who was able to source some odd 20 year of BREITLING bracelet parts. You are expecting a perfect watch for 10% of the Gen price.

Repmax27

Known Member
Certified
23/5/22
EU
Reps always have minor flaws when the pic is blown up 500 times. Your realistic solution is to order Gen parts. They can be found on watch sites, eBay, and I used one in England who was able to source some odd 20 year of BREITLING bracelet parts. You are expecting a perfect watch for 10% of the Gen price.
You do know about batches and their mistakes?
IF they produce a mistake, it will be around the whole batch not just a single or a view.

It’s not about expecting a perfect watch, it’s about to get into the mistakes, since the rose hands for example don’t have this edges. If you just wanna buy what you get- go for it. I will study my watches and QCs before I buy.

Doing this for 3,5 years now and running pretty good.

Best of luck ;)

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I have had many of these over the years in various colours and batches vary, for instance I had a few of the blue dial ss and the AR had no blue tint, black dial the same. Then had the blue rose gold and it was perfect, then ordered another blue ss late last year hoping it was the latest batch that had the blue tint AR and it’s perfect!

Reactions: Repmax27

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Here’s mine

3iKdXb.jpg