• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Avenger II Chrono Blue Dial Vs. GF Chronomat B01 Blue Dial Vs. BP Chronomat Evolution Blue Dial?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
ZjULuj.jpg
ZjU5Z4.jpg
ZjUAn1.jpg

I want to purchase some type of chronomat/Avenger type rep and I believe I have narrowed it down to a few different ones!
I was wondering what you guys thoughts were as to which of the three is the best/most accurate with least amount of tells and which is the more solidly built piece?
I still haven’t gotten any clarification as to whether the chronomat evolution is even available anymore... Andrew made it seems like it was an old rep..
Above are the pictures in order from title!
I am just curious to hear feedback from those of you who own any of these!
I do not know a whole lot about these wat he’s and their genuinely so I do not know really what I’m looking out for!
Thanks in advance for your time and participation!

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
IMO

1. GF Avenger II Chrono Blue Dial, I must have missed this one...I think I want one!

2. BP Chronomat Evolution Blue Dial, as you say I’m not sure these are available anymore but definitely a solid rep.

3. GF are the best Breitling makers IMO but the Chronomat is a big let down compared to their other releases. Sunken misaligned and wrong date font is an eyesore to start with, there is a thread about it but can’t seem to find it.

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
#1 is one I would purchase. I never liked the Buck Rogers font on the bezel on the Chronomat. On the third one, the fonts on the sub dial numerals never seemed to fit in with the rest of the watch design (for me).

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20

I’m pretty much in agreement with everything said here!!
i was really looking for what I’ve now found out to be called the “crosswind”
basicaly it has Roman numerals around the dial!
i saw one in person and I fell in love with it, but the closest rep I can find to it is this thing here...

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I actually put in to my td for the avenger. Just waiting to make sure it is in stock! Andrew said he def. recommends the avenger in terms of accuracy and build quality!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
#1 is one I would purchase. I never liked the Buck Rogers font on the bezel on the Chronomat. On the third one, the fonts on the sub dial numerals never seemed to fit in with the rest of the watch design (for me).

I’m so sick of the damn sunken date wheel issue... I just don’t understand why there are chronomats with flush date wheels but no navitimer... it’ll happen... sooner or later they’ll make a great navitimer rep!!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I really like these too but from my previous interest they are no longer available unless M2M...But with same sunken DW problem plus more:(

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I like the Chronomat design and layout best. JF models are on special now, IDK how they stack up. Not a Breitling expert. The problem with sunken dates stems from the rep using a 7750 for a model that needs a 7753. Pushing the minute subdial to 3 o'clock from the native 12 o'clock spot requires extra parts that sit above the datewheel.

https://www.intime05.co/promotions/...t-edition-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750.html

Yeah, I’m familiar with why the dial has to be raised a bit giving that date wheel appearance...
The JF has the wrong case back... in he JF looks shinier or maybe a better polish than the GF! At least from the intime photo...

The Avenger is the way to go here!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
As pleased as possible!

That dial is stunning, beautiful “volcano” texture and the print is nice and crisp...TD pictures don’t do it justice at all!

How is the AR, I’ve had some from GF that are a nice blue and others non existent?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
That dial is stunning, beautiful “volcano” texture and the print is nice and crisp...TD pictures don’t do it justice at all!

How is the AR, I’ve had some from GF that are a nice blue and others non existent?

Pleasantly surprised. Best I’ve had with the exception of maybe the jf navitimer:.
my boss who is into watches actually commented on the ar so I’d say it’s pretty dang good.
man, I absolutely fell in love with it, the quality was really unexpected. It has that nice deep tic instead of that tin-y kinda chincy high pitch tic.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Hope someone is listening to this and has an answer!!
im looking for my next breitling rep and everything has really shitty and very wrong date wheels or wrong sub dial don’t!
Basically EVERY chronomat evolution that isn’t two tone or gold has the wrong font on the subdial numbers...
it’s absurd!

The GF chronomat B01 has wrong font On datewheel!
The steelfish chronograph has the wrong day/date font!
A lot of the superocean seem to have the wrong font!
i just don’t get if...

peter4103

1/7/17
European Union
Yeah, I’m familiar with why the dial has to be raised a bit giving that date wheel appearance...
The JF has the wrong case back... in he JF looks shinier or maybe a better polish than the GF! At least from the intime photo...

The Avenger is the way to go here!
Very nice watch! I’ve ordered a GF of the same watch too, a few weeks back with Puretime and waiting for the QC now. How is the watch holding after 2 years? Still happy with it?