• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Getting Seagull Spare Parts (ST2130)

ThePadd

Known Member
1/4/16
Hi Guys,
I have committed the usual (ETA 2824) stem release error and then couldn't get the stem back in.

Left it with my local watchmaker for a week and they couldn't fix it (cos they are crap)

I dismantled the top of the movement and got it back together as it should be, but I think the clutch lever is probably broken.

Before I allocate a day to slow dismantle the whole mechanism and re-assemble, Id like to buy in a few spare parts, so I can re-assemble it while the disassembly is still fresh in my mind.

Any idea where I can get the parts diagram and parts from? I'm in the UK so a UK supplier would be cool.

Or should I just disassemble it and stick the parts I have on Ebay and buy a new movement??

I'm a bit gutted about this as I really wanted the damned thing (sterile submariner project) built for this Friday.

Bugger!

ThePadd

Known Member
1/4/16
Okay, looks like nobody knows! If I was able to get them, would people want to buy them? Or just want complete mechanisms?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Cousins watch parts are the best bet. I think an eta part should fit but don't quote me. You will be able to do a search by movement number and hopefully something will come up.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sea-Gull parts are almost impossible to come by mate.

jajajaja

Known Member
23/11/15
Wrong thread. Rubbish post. Fell asleep, holding the phone. My bad guys :)!

ThePadd

Known Member
1/4/16
I fixed the movement, its the keyless works. Anyone can work it out if they want to, just slowly take it apart, taking pics if necessary. Then look up how to fix it, there are a couple of videos and a tutorial out there, just reassemble with the stem in, and boom, sorted.
May still look to sell Seagull parts online though!