• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

General U1 questions please....

Robocop322

Known Member
21/6/14
For my first rep purchase I would like to try the U1 and have found much information from reading the Sinn section here. The most recent comparisons are several months old however the most common complaint I often see is the lume.

I did read where some batches are better than others and also that the quality has slowly changed over the last year for the Sinn reps. For now I like the simple design of the U1 and from what I have learned here about reps the Sinn is said to be very well done. I also learned that most all dealers have the same suppliers so there will not be any difference between them other than customer service.

So for now my question is with the most current offerings available. I am hoping that someone has purchased a U1 within the last month or so and if you can comment on the quality of the lume? I read a very good comparison here and the poster showed where his rep lume was horrible. The seconds hand also showed to have a mis-matched blue colored lume on the end for some odd reason.

I am hoping this has been corrected with newer versions and if not I still plan to purchase a U1 none the less. I will try to have the lume modded if need be however for now am requesting any information on the current U1 versions and their lume. Thank you for anyone who may can help with this.

Ballface

20/6/12
I had a basic 21j U1 which I sold about 6 months ago, bought about a year before that. I noticed no huge difference in lume color, though it was pretty weak and had this grainy effect. There was a lot of lume applied on the hands and markers so it seemed pretty bright regardless, but in the end I would have preferred an even coat of superlume. If you're going to get it relumed I strongly suggest that you get the swiss movement version since the relume operation is kinda expensive (about 1/2 to 1/3 of the value of your watch). I hope this helped!

Robocop322

Known Member
21/6/14
Ballface thanks for the input and I do plan to purchase the better movement as it is only about 100 dollars difference. I chose the better movement due to reading of problems some have had with the heavy second hand and stutter with the cheaper movement.

I really like the general look of the U1 and honestly am not expecting it to be flawless for the price. I can live with a few minor issues however was hoping that the newest versions had better lume. None the less if not I can always try to have it modded and thanks for the time to reply.

tat2

Known Member
10/10/10
I would save up and the real deal on ebay for 8/900 pounds worth every penny and you can dive to at least 1000m read some where that was a conservative estimate they recon 2000 plus?