• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SUB C noob V6s / V7 scallops

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Hi guys , i have another question i hope somebody here can answer :

I thought that the gen 116610 had the scallops drilled horizontaly (holizontal shine ) and have quite a shine . I've seen only one 116610 gen close and that was certainly the case.

The noob v6s i have has duller scallops and they seem to be driller vertically. I hope i make myself clear. In order to achieve a better look i was looking to polish the scallops.

But reading this article again :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...610LN-Side-by-Side-with-a-BK-116610LN-Noob-v5

i saw that this GEN looks to have the scallops very similar to the v6s's . They look dull and drilled verticaly. they have a vertical shine rather an horizontal one like the gen i handled.

I also had the chance to study a GMTii recently and the scallops seemed very similar to the ones on my v6s.

So is the bezel correct on my v6s or do the scallops differ from the GEN. Now i'm starting to think that the SUB C gen i had had been polished before and maybe thats why the scallops shined.

Thanks.

I am pretty sure that there are many of you who know all there is to know about 116610 , so please please help me on this !

Andrei.

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
i not sure, but as far as i know its may risky to polish, cause on gen they arent polished; just vertically drilled.

are u absolutely sure the gmtii u handled was gen?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi guys , i have another question i hope somebody here can answer :

I thought that the gen 116610 had the scallops drilled horizontaly (holizontal shine ) and have quite a shine . I've seen only one 116610 gen close and that was certainly the case.

The noob v6s i have has duller scallops and they seem to be driller vertically. I hope i make myself clear. In order to achieve a better look i was looking to polish the scallops.

But reading this article again :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...610LN-Side-by-Side-with-a-BK-116610LN-Noob-v5

i saw that this GEN looks to have the scallops very similar to the v6s's . They look dull and drilled verticaly. they have a vertical shine rather an horizontal one like the gen i handled.

I also had the chance to study a GMTii recently and the scallops seemed very similar to the ones on my v6s.

So is the bezel correct on my v6s or do the scallops differ from the GEN. Now i'm starting to think that the SUB C gen i had had been polished before and maybe thats why the scallops shined.

Thanks.

I am pretty sure that there are many of you who know all there is to know about 116610 , so please please help me on this !

Andrei.

That gen does not have scallops like a v7 or a v6s look at the pic where he is showing the xtal height. You can clearly see the gen bezel assembly

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
SS72's gen vs my gen:

Top his:
1c7c86e0f5c565d25fce68d1da6dcd3c.jpg

Top mine:
a706ed9b84bfe433ba64d8651b5bb8f6.jpg

And now SS72's gen vs my V6s:

V6s bottom:

f34bd8080849e3066cfa8c49785cb0bf.jpg

V6s top:

1daea9d1700c2c837d6f14dc12763225.jpg

What do yo think ? I think v6s is closer than the gen i had.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
i not sure, but as far as i know its may risky to polish, cause on gen they arent polished; just vertically drilled.

are u absolutely sure the gmtii u handled was gen?
Either gen or very good franken. But i'm pretty much shure is was gen.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'm not seeing a significant difference in the polish between the two, at least not enough that I would try and polish them. That would be a PIA and provide negligible benefit. IF you need the scalops, I'd search for a bezel assembly, but I don't think it is worth the expense. Better to get a gen crystal with the money.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I'm not seeing a significant difference in the polish between the two, at least not enough that I would try and polish them. That would be a PIA and provide negligible benefit. IF you need the scalops, I'd search for a bezel assembly, but I don't think it is worth the expense. Better to get a gen crystal with the money.
Teddy look at this:

https://youtu.be/AuvfguuSfSM

I was thinking to just slightly polish the scallops just to get a bit more shine.

But if this turns out te be la 16610, a lot of variations, i guess both designs could be right.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
[MENTION=83013]smoke[/MENTION]

Have you evern seen a gen 116610 or a gen gmtii with dull scallops ?

Dirk showed me a gen bezel he had from a customer that was like the v6s.but I wasn't sure I belive it was gen.it may of been but ive never seen a gen bezel with my own eyes that has teeth like a v6s other than that one bezel I posted pics of that dirk showed me that bezel 8 months ago

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Dirk showed me a gen bezel he had from a customer that was like the v6s.but I wasn't sure I belive it was gen.it may of been but ive never seen a gen bezel with my own eyes that has teeth like a v6s other than that one bezel I posted pics of that dirk showed me that bezel 8 months ago

Can you show it me please ? a link ? a

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
SS72's gen vs my gen:

Top his:
1c7c86e0f5c565d25fce68d1da6dcd3c.jpg

Top mine:
a706ed9b84bfe433ba64d8651b5bb8f6.jpg

And now SS72's gen vs my V6s:

V6s bottom:

f34bd8080849e3066cfa8c49785cb0bf.jpg

V6s top:

1daea9d1700c2c837d6f14dc12763225.jpg

What do yo think ? I think v6s is closer than the gen i had.

His has the ovbious bling gen bezel like everyother ,I told you the gen is not like the v6s or v7 bezel teeth .if you want your bezel to look gen buy a gen bezel assembly not too hard to get if you have alot of cash. Yes I've seen 1 gen bezel assembly that looked fake v6s to me.but that's only 1 I've seen.and dirk showed me no proof it was gen.he just told me it was gen and I wasn't convinced.as I've never seen one since on a gen 116610.but it's possible it was gen everything is possible lol

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
His has the ovbious bling gen bezel like everyother ,I told you the gen is not like the v6s or v7 bezel teeth .if you want your bezel to look gen buy a gen bezel assembly not too hard to get if you have alot of cash. Yes I've seen 1 gen bezel assembly that looked fake v6s to me.but that's only 1 I've seen.and dirk showed me no proof it was gen.he just told me it was gen and I wasn't convinced.as I've never seen one since on a gen 116610.but it's possible it was gen everything is possible lol
Thanks for the info Smoke. You da man

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
That's how you do it.if I didn't have a gen bezel I would send the rep one to pengo

thx bro, but this is a pic from the bay!(should be gen)
i was checking german bay for rep subc and this one was suspicious, but this pic convinced me that at least bezel is gen. :)

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
thx bro, but this is a pic from the bay!(should be gen)
i was checking german bay for rep subc and this one was suspicious, but this pic convinced me that at least bezel is gen. :)

Lol the bezel looks gen the watch is gen looking at that one pic.I thought u posted this pic to show your bezel teeth polishing skills.so I didn't even looks at the pic other than the bezel :)