• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying SSD V2... but who is best?

clkcadet

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/12/08
I am highly considering puretimes SSD V2... but is there something I dont know? Should I be looking at other guys that are selling better "1:1" version? I already plan on buying a new bezel/pearl from watchmaterials.

I have heard of andrew, and josh etc. but I dont know their websites/login names to contact them [smilie=angel12.gif]

Any help is appreciated!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
no_one said:
The WM9 version will likely be the best out of the box, but you won't see it until late next year. If you want one soon, D4M is doing a group buy.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47942

I think I'm going to go this route myself.

I wasn't aware of D4M's group buy. I trust his judgement - if D4M feels it's worth the money, I'd buy (if I wanted one, which I don't).

Also, No_One, the link you posted just takes me back to this same thread, not to one about the D4M group buy. But maybe I'm clicking it wrong?? :?

no_one

5/4/08
levelmanroger said:
Also, No_One, the link you posted just takes me back to this same thread, not to one about the D4M group buy. But maybe I'm clicking it wrong?? :?

Thanks for fixing that link roger. It was late. Too much egg nog I guess... :lol:

It'll be the same SSD you get anywhere else, but at a much better price. Of course if you want to wait, I'm sure the WM9 one will be better. But still not perfect.

clkcadet

Banned
24/12/08
Thanks everybody for your quick replies!

I will be checking out the group buy now as it may be a better deal.But what makes d4m's SSD better than puretimes if you don't mind me asking it seems the same and puretimes price is 188 plus ship.

Other than the bezel replacement do I need to do anything else?

Orion

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/08
I am hoping to get in on the Super Sea Dweller group buy from Daytona4me when it starts also.
His last post in the thread indicated he has a sample on the way to take pictures of and show us then the buy should start. 8)
As far as what would need to be modded,I would wait in there until he gets the sample and to see exactly what you would be getting.You would also then see what the differences are between the group buy watch and other dealers watch.
If you can wait a bit that is,If your really wanting the watch now,you can of course buy one from one of the dealers in the watch expert section.
Good Luck.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
clkcadet said:

I will be checking out the group buy now as it may be a better deal.But what makes d4m's SSD better than puretimes if you don't mind me asking it seems the same and puretimes price is 188 plus ship.

It will most likely be about the same or very similar, but at a better price and from a dealer who is very responsive and speaks English as a primary language (at least, on a good day!).

What will it need to make it more gen-like? I have no idea. I imagine the list is long, as with all reps, but that each successive item is more and more miniscule. On most Rolex reps the more obvious issus are the rehaut, the bezel insert (the way it sits in the bezel), the height of the crystal, and the pearl.

clkcadet

Banned
24/12/08
levelmanroger said:
clkcadet said:

It will most likely be about the same or very similar, but at a better price and from a dealer who is very responsive and speaks English as a primary language (at least, on a good day!).

What will it need to make it more gen-like? I have no idea. I imagine the list is long, as with all reps, but that each successive item is more and more miniscule. On most Rolex reps the more obvious issus are the rehaut, the bezel insert (the way it sits in the bezel), the height of the crystal, and the pearl.

Thanks
I contacted d4m and let's see what he says. I need the watch in a couple of weeks as I will be taking it on vacation.

Puretimes SSD looks good, but I do not know the full story and I am still searching for a direct review of pt's SSD v2. The website photos look good, it has exact thickness and everything looks good on the outside.

clkcadet

Banned
24/12/08
Update: Never heard back from D4M about his SSD group buy, so I just went ahead with Puretimes SSD v2
I can imagine D4M's was the same watch just a few bucks cheaper which is OK.

For now I am just going to order a new pearl from watchmaterial (should I get full bezel set?) and I will see which mods I need later but Puretimes version looks near 1:1 (Visually)

Thanks for your support guys, and I look forward to posting photos of the beauty when it arrives!