• PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING RWI TODAY !
    We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY,
    CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
  • RWI no longer offers support for TapaTalk due to support issues and the cost of doing so. The new software offers excellent support for mobile browsers on both Android and iOS with a mobile version of the stndard forum themes. Please use your browser of choice for viewing RWI on your mobile device from now on.

Full review of the VSF 8500 clone movement *Pic Heavy*

Swerepguy

12/2/18
santre22 Do you think it is possible to do this without any previous experience in servicing watches, just using your detailed instruction? Or will it end up with a spectacular failure and the need to buy a new watch?

No way! Buy a cheep one first and try. U will fail.

Migueldef1

31/1/17
The "problem" it's all the "hardware" necessary for the service and of course: know-how and practice it's crucial for these kind of work.

Do not forget that you are looking to pictures that are amplified. ;-) About me, I'm not able to do it, it's needed a steady hand that I do not have (and to be fair, also don't have the know-how and practice).

This topic is the best tutorial that I ever saw about service in reps, so your local watchsmith with the prints, for sure that can handle the job. ;-)

CaptainSplash

11/8/19
santre22 Do you think it is possible to do this without any previous experience in servicing watches, just using your detailed instruction? Or will it end up with a spectacular failure and the need to buy a new watch?
I have a Breitling Navitimer GMT with a A7750. Thought I'd service it myself. I now have a replacement Navitimer GMT on the way. This one I will NOT service myself.... :D. I also have a custom annual calendar IWC Portugieser, which has to be shipped back to ZF in China because my local watch repair shop had a meltdown when they realised how complex it is, no way that you could service that if you don't have the practiced skills and a steady hand.

My own mental note: find a rep friendly repair shop that is willing to take a chance on the custom stuff, or stick to the Valjoux or ETA clones, or even Miyota/Seagull, if you want to keep things serviceable.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

jmk81

4/2/20
EU
I have a Breitling Navitimer GMT with a A7750. Thought I'd service it myself. I now have a replacement Navitimer GMT on the way.

Yeah, I can picture myself in exactly same spot :D

My own mental note: find a rep friendly repair shop that is willing to take a chance on the custom stuff, or stick to the Valjoux or ETA clones, or even Miyota/Seagull, if you want to keep things serviceable.

Little to late for that second option, so as I said gonna translate this thread, print it out and make a journey through repair shops in the 'hood.

tom86

Divers only
Supporter
28/7/19
EU, UAE
I was reading through the thread, but the size of the winding stem was not mentioned. There are two sizes of 7750 winding stems, the 0.9mm and the 1.2mm. Is it the 1.2 in the 8500 clone? Thanks!

DrBJSteiner

28/2/19
I had mine serviced by StRodda....fast service and excellent work...he even sent me pics when it was disassembled because I was curious.

Max111

15/3/19
Thank you for your review

Last edited by a moderator:

NaviChief

30/8/06
Thanks for this, it is tremendously helpful. Did you service the mainsprings and reapply braking grease to the barrels?