• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post #1000

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
dscf2281.jpg

Some of you know about the Submariner pictured above. It was a gift from Fake Master in honor of my then new born son. I had ordered two watches from him and was surprised to open the package and find a third. Inside was a note that said "Congrats on the new baby. Just pay me when you get the chance". A couple days later, in the ChatBox, Fakey told me not to worry about paying for the Sub, it was a gift. This little story encapsulates my experience with RWI.

When I started researching replicas and trying to digest all the information here, I thought I would just hang around long enough to find a decent Sub or SMP rep, buy it and move on. Maybe post here and there to ask questions, that was it. Boy was I wrong. In a few short months I have gone from a complete noob to a not-so-complete noob on staff as a Moderator, from at most changing a watch band, to completely disassembling a PAM homage and customizing the dial for my first mod project. A total blur.

I'd just like to take a second to say thanks to RWI for being an incredible community. This is the longest I've ever stayed active on an online forum. And I can honestly say, I had the great privilege to make some true friends here.

AHW, Hooligan, and Levelmanroger - Thanks for welcoming me into this community. I've had the privilege of meeting Mr and Mrs Hooligan in person and he is every bit as genuine in real life as he speaks here. LMR is my Texas doppleganger. And AHW is truly one of this forums greatest assets. It's been awesome getting to know you, A.

R2D4 and Trailboss99 - Thanks for giving me an opportunity to help out. It brings me a good deal of satisfaction to be able to contribute to the forum's well being in my small way. The forum is in great hands with these two.

Pedecter, Acharria, Tommy_Boy, VB_Spike, TLOB, Jelly, DCA, Doc, QQ, Q5 - Thanks for brightening my day in the CB. I never expected to find such cool folks on some rep watch forum. It's always a blast to goof off with you guys.

The Staff - Thanks to the rest of the Admins and Mods for your work. I have a little glimpse now of what all goes into making things run right, and you don't get NEAR enough praise. I've really enjoyed getting to know you guys better.

The Members - You guys are what makes this forum great. Thanks for creating the best rep forum on the internet.

Fakey - Thanks for answering all my questions and helping me take the rep plunge.

I know I've forgotten some folks, and for that I am sorry. Thanks everyone.

:av007:

reeder139

14/4/09
This was great to read, I hope to make it to 1000 this year and maybe get involved in the chat box a bit, see what rubbish you lot talk about. :)

JellyJoe

28/9/09
hehe gratz for your 1k post Josh. Looks like we both found something after all. See?
You sure have a homie in me, and I wanted to post a nice friendly reply to this sentimental thread, but then my parrot started crapping like crazy and I kinda lost the right mood.

Welcome to RWI.

Joe

P.S. Nice watch

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
You really make a difference around here J, and you're a really cool chap. I really won't forget it when during X-mas you sent me a PM wishing me a merry x-mas and all that after we only knew each other for a few weeks or so. I was really pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to your 2000 post and you will always have some buddies around here to jab and mess around with.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
J congrats on the 1k brother. I know what kinda milestone that feels like. Wait till your around 2k ;)

cant wait to hang out for the next 1k posts!

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
:bubbles::bday::bubbles:

Congratulations on 1000!

(Pretend like "Happy Birthday" says "Congratulations on 1000 Posts!") :)

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Eh big deal...I must have had 1,000 posts 3 times already. Yet somehow I am still under 2K. :lol:
An asset to the board. Much respect 007. :av007:
Here is to 10,000 more!:thumbsup::bubbles:

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Just a little something for your 1000th...

IBNS-1000Dollars-40AnnivInviteMemphis_f.jpg

Now step away from the keyboard and let it cool off for at least 15min...lol

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
This was great to read, I hope to make it to 1000 this year and maybe get involved in the chat box a bit, see what rubbish you lot talk about. :)

Be prepared. Tune the pacemaker back a bit 'cause it'll get your blood pumpin.

I can't believe it's been 1000+ already 007. That's awesome. Not so n00b! yay.

For anyone reading this. Avenger007 not only goes above and beyond his call of duty on this forum but he does it with CLASS.

Here's to another 1000...

The Spikinator

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I appreciate it more than you know. :)