• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

For Whom the Bell & Ross tolls...

300kph

24/5/13
Months ago I started a thread on the B&R rep section asking why B&R reps are so hard to come by. The post had a ton of action with me talking to Lucy who was promising a new line of BR03-92 Super-reps that never materialized.

I finally gave up and decided to buy a gen. Wanting the black case / face w/ blue hands and numerals (rubber strap) I placed and order with authenticwatches.com. They said 6-8 weeks and after 10 or so it turned out to be NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

I was very disappointed and thought about simply requesting a full refund (I sent them a cashier's cheque to get an additional 3% off so they had my money) My other option was pick another model.

I do not like the new blue w/ ceramic case and the Army green version was too much money. I decided on the plain-Jane BR03-92-STL and ordered it Two days ago and requested the balance be transferred to my bank.

Both occurred today. The FedEx courier delivered the watch to my office and I was charged $112 duty and taxes. (based on the $500 declared value) They did the same thing when I got an Oris from them last fall. A nice saving on a the B&R they charged me $2,400 for.

Just a quick pic (will try and do a review later) It's really nice. The packaging is very decadent and it comes with strap tools and a nylon spare.

The lume is very bright blue (like a gen Explorer) and it fits beautifully with its flat case. A very heavy watch despite it's thin size. Classy and understated.

While I would have probably been very happy with a good rep I do like the gen and if they ever do a good rep in the blue I wanted or the army green I would jump.

Bell_Ross_BR_03_92_STL.jpg

Wayne

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Finally you got it (and at a good price too)! Looks great bud! Enjoy it! ;)

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
Very nice! Just out of curiosity, why did you have to declare a $500 value pay taxes at all?

D

d4m.test

Sweet watch. Congrats!

-Posted from Tapatalk

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Patron
Certified
10/5/11
Nice. I always regret getting rid of mine...i miss u br03.....