• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fitting gen dial to a ZF 4500V

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
I posted this over in the modding section but didn't get a bite. So I thought I'd try here before jumping into the deep end.

Hi folks I'm embarking on fitting a gen dial to my 4500v. Before I start on this perilous journey I wanted to check with the forum for any tips. The first could be how to remove the stem. I understand it is a Miyota under the covers so I imagine I'd have to take off the rotor and plate(s) to get to the detent?
Any tips on thinning the gen dial will be appreciated too before I "experiment".
Cheers
KC

Reactions: germanynrw

ChipsAhoy13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/22
When Major took apart the ZF, he had measured the dial to be the same thickness of the gen, so I don't think you'd have to thin it. I think when people thinned the gen dial, it was to fit the BP version.

Reactions: kidcreole

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
When Major took apart the ZF, he had measured the dial to be the same thickness of the gen, so I don't think you'd have to thin it. I think when people thinned the gen dial, it was to fit the BP version.
Geez that would make things significantly easier! I’ll report back what I find.

I also pinged majorwilliams. I’ll attempt the swap this weekend by trial and error if required.

Thanks

Reactions: ChipsAhoy13

ChipsAhoy13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/22
Hey! Just curious if you managed to get the dial swapped! Would love to see pictures if you did :)

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
I plan to put some time in this weekend. Major has provided great tips. I’ll be sure to post progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: germanynrw

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Hello Sir, did you have ZF VC4500?
Can you post some pictures?
Also with Rubber?