• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First timer, how do ordering works ?

c_uthhred

Looking Around
25/2/23
Canada
Hello !

I’m new to the Rep world, and tried getting my marks in this amazing and passionate world. However, I haven’t been able to get my hands on one, not that I haven’t tried.

Indeed, I’ve browsed through the forum to understand the process and how everything works. From what I understood (correct me if I’m wrong, and I probably am), you’re suppose to email a TD on the watch you want and if stock is available, he then answers you, and depending on the stock and availability of the watch (if the factory you chose still makes this model etc.), I place my order and wait for QC pics and instructions.

I therefore started by doing the first step everyone advised, I emailed a TD (Puretime), and well…first step failed. I haven’t got a reply since.

I was then wondering if I was doing something wrong and tried getting more info on the forum, but haven’t found what the problem was. I’m now turning to the veteran of the forum for help and advices. What should I be doing and how should I be doing things ? How long should I expect to wait for an answer ? Is timing the problem (saw that Chinese New Year played it’s part in delaying things and pausing production) ?

Thanks for the help and time people might take to answer (my probably dumb) questions.

Best regards

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you joined!
If you have done your reading, you surely came across the sticky threads in the new members area, so I'll leave that out (if not, please do so). You seem to have done your homework all right and did not do anything wrong, not that I could tell. Maybe just check you used the right means of communication (the one recommended on the TD's website following RWI's links only).
Some TDs may need more time than others to respond, cannot be helped, it's the nature of the business dealing with multiple orders from multiple stakeholders. JTime is a good option if you want a close customer care, Li is very responsive and will follow you through each step. Li communicates via whatsapp (you find the number on his website). But there's also other who are equally responsive, just check out a couple.
I'm quite sure PT will get back to you, eventually, but there's no harm in contacting more than one. Since you're at it, you can check several TDs shipping and reimbursement policies and payment methods to check out what you feel more comfortable with.
No dumb questions at all, we've all been there and know the insecurities prior to the first order. You'll be rewarded by some weeks of trepidation waiting for the watch to be delivered and then the elation at unboxing.
If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out, @eBoy and I will be more than happy to help.
Good luck!
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Reactions: c_uthhred and eBoy