• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time purchase- I chose JTime and have paid with BTC

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
https://jtime.io/us/submariner-blak...-edition-black-dial-on-pvd-bracelet-3135.html

After communicating with several potential sellers, Li was the first to get back to me. His reviews seem pretty strong and he was happy to answer my initial questions. He gave me a 5% discount and I pulled the trigger and paid with BTC. I offered to pay by Western Union but Li said that. "I got too many pending WU payments to pick up recently, it will slow down your order process time if you pay via WU."

I was a bit jumpy about sending BTC but the strong reviews convinced me. I've asked that Li confirm that he's received the payment as soon as possible, and definitely within 24hrs. I know actually receiving the watch is going to need quite a bit of patience but that's fine. Thanks to this site and the reviews of JTime I don't mind waiting for the watch I want.

I'll update this thread regularly as things progress and would like to hear what experienced members think of the watch when the QC pics drop. Thanks for the info and advice so far guys.
J

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
Just received confirmation from Lin that he’s received my BTC payment. He also said QC pics should be arriving in 7-10 days.
Great communication so far- good to find a seller that does what they say they’re going to do!

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
So this didn’t end well.

After nearly 4 weeks Lin came back and said that the watch I wanted is no longer available. He asked me if I wanted an alternative or whether I wanted a refund.

My preference is that I wanted a refund. I was unwilling to deal with JTime further as my suspicion was that Lin knew the my preferred watch was unavailable from the start but has drawn me in hoping to persuade me to take an alternative.

I originally sent 0.026 BTC to pay for the watch. This was about $460.5 at the time I sent. However, at the time of refund BTC had gone up I’m price. Instead of refunding me the original amount of BTC, Lin therefore refunded me 0.019. This meant that he basically stole 0.007 BTC and made about $150 without doing anything.

My view is that I should have received the original 0.026. As I pointed out to him, this wasn’t his BTC to trade until I had received the goods I had paid for. Lin sent the following email following my complaint-

“I dont think I did anything wrong about this.
Please understand that I have no obligation to hold your BTC here then wait for its value to go up.

Let's say, what if the BTC value drops after you send it, how about it then?
Shall I still send you 0.0226 back? Surely no and will be more than that according to the real rate.

Regards
Li”

My reply was as follows-

“The BTC is not yours until you’ve supplied the goods you said you would. You shouldn’t have traded it until I had received and was happy with the watch. Instead you’ve sold BTC which belonged to me and made a profit at my expense.

If the price had dropped then I still get the same amount of BTC returned. I would not have expected you to return a higher amount of BTC. This is the risk of trading in BTC. If you don’t accept this, then you shouldn’t trade in BTC.

I will suggest others do not deal with you in BTC. Perhaps you should stick to USDT?

I will be posting a summary of my experience in due course.“

My recommendation is therefore NOT to deal with JTime and certainky to steer clear of paying with BTC if you choose to go ahead.

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
My sums are a bit off. I did pay him 0.0226 BTC. I received 0.0191 as a refund. The difference is 0.0035 BTC or about $70-$80 at this week’s prices.

The principal is the same though, and I find Li’s conduct to be dishonest.

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
No, BTC went up. He made a profit as he sent me back less BTC than he received. My point is that if you pay in a currency, whether it’s BTC or dollars or whatever, you should receive back the same amount you paid.

Others may have a different opinion and that’s fine. This misunderstands the nature of accepting payment in crypto though.

Last edited:

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
You paid $460 with BTC.

Now he is refunding you $460 with BTC.

Watch is priced at $460, not 0.026 BTC.

BTC is just a payment method, that's all.

Li is 100% right about that.

I agree with you on waiting for a watch which is not available though.

Last edited:

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
You paid $460 with BTC.

Now he is refunding you $460 with BTC.

Watch is priced at $460, not 0.026 BTC.

BTC is just a payment method, that's all.

Li is 100% right about that.

I agree with you on waiting for a watch which is not available though.

Exactly this ^
Li is doing business in US dollars.
None of his watch retail prices are valued in BTC, they're valued in US dollars.
BTC is accepted by Li in relation to it's value compared with US dollars, at the time of purchase.

Li isn't a BTC trader, he's a rep dealer.
You are essentially saying he should hold your BTC in an account, take all the associated risk that is present with chaotic cryptocurrency price fluctuations, and then only sell the BTC when the watch is in your hand. There's nothing about that approach that would make sense for a business.
The risk would be ridiculous.
Doing it your way, he would be selling each watch paid for by Bitcoin, at an undetermined price lol.
He would never know what he would actually be receiving in US dollars, until your watch is delivered.
Remember, most watches are not returned or refunded. And it usually takes weeks for watches to arrive around the world.
So how could that possibly be the correct way to do things. It's completely untenable. The way he is doing it makes sense.

The delay and then unavailability of your watch is a genuine pain I agree, but suggesting Li is dishonest and a BTC grifter is a big stretch imo.

Reactions: P..DR..D

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Arsehole. What if BTC had dropped and he refunded in BTC? Would you have been happy with BTC refund then, and asked for USD refund ???

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
I’d have accepted the same BTC amount I paid.
Keyboard warrior who definitely wouldn’t be calling me names to my face 😂

Jamie2000

Horology Curious
26/6/22
Anyway. As I said above, that’s my opinion and others may have a different one. I’m just sharing my experience and information which I believe is the point of the forum.

Before this degenerates, I‘m bowing out. thanks to those of you who shared their considered opinions- I don’t agree but I’ll take what you’ve said on board.

r0b9502 can carry on being a beta. I won’t be replying.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I take back "Arsehole". You seem to be an ok fella.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
What if BTC had dropped and he refunded in BTC? Would you have been happy with BTC refund then, and asked for USD refund ???
That is what I told the OP as well.
Like if the BTC dropped, surely I will refund more than 0.026 BTC to the OP to match the true value of USD 460 according to the current real rate.

And hi OP, thanks for sharing your full experience here.
I think some memembers told some useful opinion and info about this already.
BTC or any other crypto is just a tool/method for us to take the payment for the order like @RX7GP said, and I am not a crypto trader to earn profits from this and wont take the risk of holding the BTC in hand not to exchange it.
What you accused like "he stole some from this deal" is not true at all.
What I can tell is that you clearly knew the BTC value went more up than the time when you sent it and looks like you wanted to earn some from this refund process.

Anyways, I do feel very sorry for not making this order fulfilled.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
That is what I told the OP as well.
Like if the BTC dropped, surely I will refund more than 0.026 BTC to the OP to match the true value of USD 460 according to the current real rate.

And hi OP, thanks for sharing your full experience here.
I think some memembers told some useful opinion and info about this already.
BTC or any other crypto is just a tool/method for us to take the payment for the order like @RX7GP said, and I am not a crypto trader to earn profits from this and wont take the risk of holding the BTC in hand not to exchange it.
What you accused like "he stole some from this deal" is not true at all.
What I can tell is that you clearly knew the BTC value went more up than the time when you sent it and looks like you wanted to earn some from this refund process.

Anyways, I do feel very sorry for not making this order fulfilled.
You are one of the best TDs Li.

There is another TD who has a public statement in his Tx&Cs that refunds for payment by BC would be in $ if BC has risen and in BC if BC has fallen. Of course, I dont order from that TD, just on principle :)

OP, once you get into this hobby, you will realize that a few bucks here and there should be ignored. Or even a full loss of purchase price is to be ignored. As these are reps, some of them will breakdown quite quickly, and either you have to spend 1/2 your purchase price to service, or flip at 50% or less or throw away. Such is this game.

Reactions: jtimewatch

tk914

Looking Around
21/7/22
My experience wit JTime is pure scam. He stole my money and sent nothing but false information proven by another website. Here is the communication as proof with the false links sent by them.

You send scam tracking? Wow. I can’t wait to post this everywhere about JTime. Just send my money back and we can call it a day. ITS BEEN 8 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM DONE WITH YOUR BULLSHIT.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/global.cainiao.com

Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2022 8:53 AM
To: 'JTime Store' <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: New message from JTime

I’ll just have to give my scathing reviews on RWI, Reddit, and other watch sites about this experience. From denying that I paid J Time to never receiving 2 watches with scam shipments. You cant give me the courier name, where the shipment is, or why they don’t show up. Unbelievable.

This is clearly some sort of scam- https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?spm=a2d0j.7922267.0.0.22df5e39Fwwnjs&mailNoList=UT354156327TH

Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:50 AM
To: JTime Store <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: New message from JTime

A month in sorting after passing customs?

Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 5:01 PM
To: Tim <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: New message from JTime

Hi Timothy

We suggest you to contact the courier for any updated info on your package.

There may have been some delays in shipping

You can find the contact information in the "contact us" area on the site we sent you via tracking link

Thank you

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 6:21 PM Tim <[email protected]> wrote:

37 days? Looks like this is bad too.

https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?spm=a2d0j.7922267.0.0.22df5e39Fwwnjs&mailNoList=UT354156327TH

Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 5:32 AM
To: Tim<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: New message from JTime

Hi customer

There was a problem with the tracking link

This is your updated tracking link: https://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?spm=a2d0j.7922267.0.0.22df5e39Fwwnjs&mailNoList=UT354156327TH

Thank you

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 10:14 PM Tim <[email protected]> wrote:

I don’t believe this! What address did you use? Can you contact the carrier and get this fixed?? They are returning this package to you. This is the address I sent you.

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
My experience wit JTime is pure scam. He stole my money and sent nothing but false information proven by another website. Here is the communication as proof with the false links sent by them.

Jtime is not a scam, he is one of the best TD's here - but you are a pure fool for sure.

This email is not Li's mail, this is a scam mail. Jtime official mail address is [email protected]. Since you already know how to post here, you should also know how to find out correct contact details from Trusted Dealers section.

Last edited:
Reactions: PiagetandPills

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
My experience wit JTime is pure scam. He stole my money and sent nothing but false information proven by another website.

-snip-

You will have to stop posting this. Accept that you were slightly retarded to order from a scammer - BUT - that scammer is NOT the jtime, a TD here. Correct email is in the post just above

Reactions: guanaco and Raddave