• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Time Buyer from InTime - Muller Crazy Hours and Chaykin Joker watches

afyuen

Horology Curious
2/1/21
I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a purchase from InTime. I have been going through their contact mail system which is a bit awkward as you do not actually see the email thread from previous correspondence. There is a subforum dedicated to purchasing from Ryan, but I'm not sure if I've been in correspondence with him as the replies were not identified by name, but just the standard "Regards" at the end of the message. My purchase would be for the Crazy Hours Franck Muller watch and the Chaykin Joker by TWF which InTime verified they can source and that it has the true moonphase function, which leads me to believe that it is the newer V3S version. The 2824 movement Joker is no longer made by V9F apparently. So wish me luck in having a smooth transaction. I'm most nervous about paying by CC as I have heard that these payments are processed by third parties, and thefts have been known to occur by shady outfits. Of the several TD's I've contacted, InTime was the quickest and most consistent in replying, so I'm going to give them my patronage. Some TD's aren't able to source, but others just flat out did not even bother to reply too my queries.

Any advice seasoned buyers would like to share with me would be much appreciated.

afyuen

Horology Curious
2/1/21
I finally received the QC pics of the Chaykin Joker. To my eyes, it looks ok, but this is my first purchase, so any other input from members here would be appreciated!

I'm still waiting on the QC pics for the Muller.

Last edited:

afyuen

Horology Curious
2/1/21
Just received the watch today. I'm very pleased so far. The eyes are rounded as I had hoped. Although the plastic sleeve it came in says it is a 24 hr moonphase, I was told that it had a true moonphase, so we shall see. I have a skinny wrist, so I had to punch another hole in the leather strap. The strap is a bit stiff, but I imagine it will soften up in time. Overall, quite satisfied with the purchase. I am still waiting on the Franck Muller's Crazy Hours watch. I was told everyone in China is in CNY mode, so they won't be able to source it until after the celebrations.

automotonautica srl

Looking Around
16/1/21
scusa il disturbo..potresti mandarmi l' indirizzo di posta elettronica per ordinare il nuovo daytona 116500 di noob factory v3 ???

afyuen

Horology Curious
2/1/21
It is not quite a true moonphase, but cycles through every 14 days instead of 28. Still it's better than the 24 hour cycle the earlier versions seem to be. Overall, I'm quite happy with the watch. I am still waiting for a reply from InTime regarding my other order for the Muller watch. I emailed them last week after CNY, but they have not replied yet. I'm getting a bit worried, but they might not have come back from the festivities. I'll give it a little more time before I email them again.

MACJ89

Looking Around
4/3/21
So based on all the reviews, I have purchased 2 watches on the 25th of Feb 2021.

i have been in contact with Ryan who has been very good. My CC didn't work the 4 times i tried so they said send it via PayPal this is what I did on the same day.

today they have told me my money hasn't been sent even tho I have sent screen shots of the payment to the email they have requested.

seems to be a massive con and $700 dollars down i am now going to be in contact with my Credit card company and paypal to get my money back.

if they come back to me and say they have found the money and send me the QC photos as soon as I get delivery of the watches i will up date this post.

please let me know your thoughts as this is my 1st time buying a watch like this. what do i do?

thanks

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
How did you contact Ryan?

He's a stand up guy, he will sort it out. Just make sure you're definitely dealing with Ryan and not an imposter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afyuen

Horology Curious
2/1/21
I'm still getting periodic updates from QC regarding my other order for the Muller watch, so I think something must be up with the payment process, MACJ89.
This is the response from the most recent email exchange:
Hi

I am sorry to keep you waiting.
I have ordered the watch from factory,but the factory still not give me.
I will make a call asking tomorrow and then tell you.

Best Regards,

InTimeWatches Quality Control Team

Update: as soon as I posted this, I got word that the watch is ready for QC inspection. If anyone sees any problems with the pics below, let me know!

Last edited:

afyuen

Horology Curious
2/1/21
Unfortunately, the Chaykin Joker watch quit working properly 1.5 months after receiving it. The Hour "eye" got stuck in the 7 o'clock range, but the Minute "eye" continues to move normally. I checked with a local repair place, but he was unfamiliar with its mechanism and was going to be $100 just to look at it without any guarantees! So, back to InTime for repair. The return postage was almost $40. On a positive note, the Muller Crazy Hours watch is still running fine and accurate in timekeeping so far.