• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier santos gen rep?????

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
No box or papers and the guy is very slippery, pmed a few times as I'm after a santos again, there's no way I buy a watch on eBay without picking it up and paying on collection, it's not a bad buy so if it's gen I'll probably have a pop. I really don't know a lot about the chronospace version so help would be appreciated, thanks guys!!!
Opinions ?
84ee83e879ea70dd40699a948d9cf447.png
7476ad29ed95395b235dac148b95f9cf.png

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
Only one picture?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
I don't really know anything about the watch but shouldn't the subdials be reset and chrono hand should be at 12, the subdial at 9 should have moved shouldn't it? Pretty sure it's an auto not quartz so why hasn't the second hand moved and what wrong with the other subdials?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Mastapeas

Known Member
10/7/15
Looks like rep to me

IPhone 7

I have a Santos 100 XL rep (best V6 factory version without diamond bezel). It's a great rep. Very high quality. This one looks like the chrono is/was running at the time of the pic and is not in the reset position.

I'm not an expert on this model, but to me looks like a low quality rep. Anything Cartier should scream genuine. The strap is always a dead giveaway too. If it doesn't look perfect, or the sale looks shady in any way at all, I would back off. This one looks bunk.

Best way to tell is the strap quality and caseback/clasp engravings. Should be correct and deeply defined. There are posts elsewhere discussing these points.

Sent from the RWI mobile app