• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Purchase with Chazing Time: Panerai VSF 692 BMG Tech

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Just sent payment to ChazingTime for VSF Panerai 692 BMG Tech~other TDs had responded not certain if/when this watch available from VSF, yet Chazing Time assured me VSF watches are available on made-to-order basis with 2-3 weeks from payment sent (implying this watch included), so the wait begins with guarded optimism~ James confirmed if watch is not received / QC pictures sent within this time frame he would return payment in full (I was crystal clear not interested in any other watch, nor in credit toward another watch).

I will update the details of this transaction, hopefully to go smoothly, in this thread.

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Quick update. Ordered watch aug 3rd, James is very responsive to emails and confirmed today they've not yet received watch from VSF. He'd prior conifrmed watch should arrive in 2-3 weeks (and that if it does not, they'll quickly issue a complete refund if I so desire). I'm very patient for this watch, will not bother James for awhile, hoping for good news. So far impressed with ease and communication with Chazingtime!

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Update~despite the indicated 2-3 week timeline, still awaiting confirmation of watch's arrival to ChazinTime, on Sept. 11, received this confirmation of no visibility, "QC department is waiting for VSF to issue the watch"... I will update as soon as watch confirmed in hand for QC Pics.
Optimism prevails.

Time007time007

Horology Curious
12/4/22
Update~despite the indicated 2-3 week timeline, still awaiting confirmation of watch's arrival to ChazinTime, on Sept. 11, received this confirmation of no visibility, "QC department is waiting for VSF to issue the watch"... I will update as soon as watch confirmed in hand for QC Pics.
Optimism prevails.
I’m in the same boat.

Ordered a VSF Pam1313 on aug 24. Still no QC, and now Chazing have stopped replying to my requests for an update.

I’m now quite worried.

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
I have inquired regularly, usually pretty quick response (next few days) re. VSF's unpredictable production cycle...which all other TDs I've spoken with prior also confirmed. They offered to refund me last week, thinking I was out of patience--I reiterated willing to wait, asking if they can circle back with VSF regarding timeline for model I ordered (which presumably they had been doing prior) and today rec'd email saying they are doing just that. I'll post their reply and in the case if my patience wears out, if I end up requesting a refund.

Time007time007

Horology Curious
12/4/22
I have inquired regularly, usually pretty quick response (next few days) re. VSF's unpredictable production cycle...which all other TDs I've spoken with prior also confirmed. They offered to refund me last week, thinking I was out of patience--I reiterated willing to wait, asking if they can circle back with VSF regarding timeline for model I ordered (which presumably they had been doing prior) and today rec'd email saying they are doing just that. I'll post their reply and in the case if my patience wears out, if I end up requesting a refund.
Which email address are they using to contact you?

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Which email address are they using to contact you?
the promise: "we will check with VSF when stocks can be issued"
and the follow through, "Sorry they only told us to wait ."
sigh.. I'll continue to wait hoping ChazingTime comes through as promised

good luck Time007, hope you receive yours soon.

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
...And...drumroll... more delays..now 3+ months from originally indicated 2-3 weeks,
"We’ve asked about your watch last time but they only told us to wait . We also won’t know that there’d be lockdown again and now everything is delayed."
Nevertheless I will stay patient and maintain my faith in James and ChazinTime, hope this 1st transaction with ChazinTime turns out in the end to be a good one and the first of many

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Update with email rec'd today, "Sorry, your emails are in our spam. Regarding PAM692 VSF, we've rushed the maker. We'll email you QC pics once we have them."

Fingers crossed, will update with receipt of QC Pics (hopefully soon)

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Update--still waiting, was reassured by CT hopefully to become available after CNY... hope prevails, will update with receipt of QC Pics if/when they arrive...

rozay__36

Horology Curious
2/3/23
Bronx
Update with email rec'd today, "Sorry, your emails are in our spam. Regarding PAM692 VSF, we've rushed the maker. We'll email you QC pics once we have them."

Fingers crossed, will update with receipt of QC Pics (hopefully soon)
Update???

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
After 6monhs of waiting with no indication of imminent production/receipt of watch, despite my various regular requests for inquriy/confirmation from VSF...just this week I finally requested a refund (after having the goof fortune of being offered a 692 from a friend here at RWI)... I know VSF is unpredictable with their production, and another TD (Lucy) confirmed for me that they'd not produced the 692 since February of 2022 and wouldn't product again before chinese new year~in fairness to ChazingTime it seems none were made available to any TD during my marathon wait and to the present.

rozay__36

Horology Curious
2/3/23
Bronx
After 6monhs of waiting with no indication of imminent production/receipt of watch, despite my various regular requests for inquriy/confirmation from VSF...just this week I finally requested a refund (after having the goof fortune of being offered a 692 from a friend here at RWI)... I know VSF is unpredictable with their production, and another TD (Lucy) confirmed for me that they'd not produced the 692 since February of 2022 and wouldn't product again before chinese new year~in fairness to ChazingTime it seems none were made available to any TD during my marathon wait and to the present.
Did they refund you back ?? Or even answer you ?

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Yes, it was 8-days ago requested and today they confirmed that refund was sent, so should see it tomorrow. I trust it will arrive, and complete. In the interim I did buy a pam 1229 from them, process went pretty smoothly (I rejected first QC pics due to unaligned bezel, wasn't thrilled with their first reaction "it's a Rep", but with my insistence they did change to a different watch with bezel aligned--received yesterday, love it and am quite pleased with the overall transaction).

rozay__36

Horology Curious
2/3/23
Bronx
Yes, it was 8-days ago requested and today they confirmed that refund was sent, so should see it tomorrow. I trust it will arrive, and complete. In the interim I did buy a pam 1229 from them, process went pretty smoothly (I rejected first QC pics due to unaligned bezel, wasn't thrilled with their first reaction "it's a Rep", but with my insistence they did change to a different watch with bezel aligned--received yesterday, love it and am quite pleased with the overall transaction).
Ok thanks doing my research on them