• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order to Germany (VSF 114060), went great, 11 days shipping

mien

Horology Curious
19/2/22
I just wanted to share the experience because the posts here helped me. The watch in question is the classic VSF Sub C 40mm 114060 no date.

Communication with Hont via Whatsapp was good. He replied typically in 24hrs.
If you know what you want, I definitely recommend it, because the prices are great. I would not expect any consulting. The shopping experience is minimal but that's okay.

QC was great, very honest pictures. I found the flaws acceptable and shipped it, but at the time felt a tiny bit let down to not get a perfect one.
After the watch arrived, I learned a lesson: to judge QC pictures in context. They do not represent accurately what the watch will look like in real life. Not even close up.
For example, the macro shots showed some gaps around the endlinks. Minimal (but visible) gap = will look perfect in real life and if they were bad, you would see it clearly from this angle. Drawing the right conclusion from these clinical shots takes experience, I guess.
Other than that, the bezel was slightly rotated (but is actually well aligned) and the timegrapher showed +10s/day (on my arm it's less than +3s/day).

Shipping timeline:
2022-09-16: Got tracking number via Whatsapp
2022-09-16: Received by logistics company
2022-09-27: Package delivered

Just 11 days in total, door to door. Shipping within Germany was handled by Hermes. That's a bigger risk than customs, amirite?

Shortly to the watch itself: VSF really let's you appreciate the beauty of Rolex' Submariner. Love it.

Thanks RWI and Hont and cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I just wanted to share the experience because the posts here helped me. The watch in question is the classic VSF Sub C 40mm 114060 no date.

Communication with Hont via Whatsapp was good. He replied typically in 24hrs.
If you know what you want, I definitely recommend it, because the prices are great. I would not expect any consulting. The shopping experience is minimal but that's okay.

QC was great, very honest pictures. I found the flaws acceptable and shipped it, but at the time felt a tiny bit let down to not get a perfect one.
After the watch arrived, I learned a lesson: to judge QC pictures in context. They do not represent accurately what the watch will look like in real life. Not even close up.
For example, the macro shots showed some gaps around the endlinks. Minimal (but visible) gap = will look perfect in real life and if they were bad, you would see it clearly from this angle. Drawing the right conclusion from these clinical shots takes experience, I guess.
Other than that, the bezel was slightly rotated (but is actually well aligned) and the timegrapher showed +10s/day (on my arm it's less than +3s/day).

Shipping timeline:
2022-09-16: Got tracking number via Whatsapp
2022-09-16: Received by logistics company
2022-09-27: Package delivered

Just 11 days in total, door to door. Shipping within Germany was handled by Hermes. That's a bigger risk than customs, amirite?

Shortly to the watch itself: VSF really let's you appreciate the beauty of Rolex' Submariner. Love it.

Thanks RWI and Hont and cheers!
Hermes really is a bigger risk than customs 😂😂😂

Show us some pics!

mien

Horology Curious
19/2/22
It's hard to do the Submariner justice. The light plays beautifully with the details and yet this thing is a damn tank. No one does that better in my opinion. K25 serial, by the way.

Reactions: mcboom

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Beauty!
I just sold my gen 114060 and I'm still not over it 😭