• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order through trusty for 116655 replica

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
TL;DR so far so good!

Did a lot of research on TD's and found this replica available from several TD's for about the same price. Read recent reviews from TD's on this forum and those from trusty seemed more positive than others. Also trusty was offering an 8% discount.

Contacted trusty on 2/18 local time to find out if watch was available from the factory. Andrew responded back within hours confirming that it was.

I placed the order the next day (2/19) and the order and payment were confirmed the same day.

I inquired about Oysterflex band sizing because my wrist is smaller (6.5 inches) than the size the standard band typically fits (6.75+ inches). Andrew confirmed the same day that he would pick the correct sized straps for me.

QC photos were received 2/25. I sent a few questions, and Andrew responded promptly with clarifications and confirmations.

Currently waiting on shipping notification. Will update the thread with further developments.

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Update: Requested an estimate today for when it would ship and Andrew promptly shared tracking info!

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Update: Tracking info says package received in California (US) and departed from facility.

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
Watch received! Total time from order to delivery (to southeastern US): 25 days.

When ordering I mentioned that my wrist is smaller than average and was wondering if they could adjust the oysterflex bracelet to accomodate, and they did! It fits perfectly, and is easy to adjust. I think one of the differences between the gen and rep is the rep has a slightly different bracelet or clasp, but I'm glad it does because this one works perfectly.

Had a slight concern that the rose gold color would be off because it looked more yellow gold in the QC pics, but in person it is a beautiful rose gold. Without holding it right up against a gen I don't think anyone could tell the difference.

I'm leaving the stickers on for a couple days just to make sure there are no issues in the next couple days, but if there aren't this will be my last post for this order and I am a satisfied customer.

Here is a photo that I just took of it on my wrist. Sorry that my phone camera doesn't take very high-res photos!

20230316-175709.jpg

Spinal122

Horology Curious
18/2/23
USA
For a 1-week update:

After a couple days of wear the clear stickers started peeling off on their own, which was actually nice because it made it easier for me to peel them completely off. The sticker on the part that touches the bottom of my wrist started to get itchy so I was glad to get that one off, in particular. Afterward, the rose gold color everywhere looked even better!

One "imperfection" I noticed after several days of wear is that the bracelet clasp was "sticking" when I tried unclasping it from my wrist and took some force to unclasp. After I got the watch off my wrist to inspect it, I noticed one the screws was protruding out a little which was the cause of the stick, and unfortunately it scraped off the rose gold plating on the underside of the clasp. It's not a big deal to me because nobody sees that part anyway, and I was able to easily tighten the screw with a small flat head screwdriver. I imagine on the gens they either use loctite or a similar type of binding compound to prevent the screws from coming loose or the parts are manufactured with stricter tolerances.

Attached are photos. Agian, to me it's not a big deal, but for the next reps that I order if I notice a similar phenomenon occurring, I'll attempt using the small flathead screwdriver to tighten the clasp screw BEFORE taking the watch off my wrist to prevent the scraping and removal of gold coating.