• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

F.P. Journe Elegante replica

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
Well, I randomly found a F.P. Journe Elegante replica while browsing Alibaba but it's only available for 500 orders or more it seems.

I searched around but I can't find a reseller it seems. Any idea how one could proceed to buy one?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_image.6d3740afd5AXh3

He04ead18a5ea4d8793c9d417943d3b4fE.jpg

H34a3e924679d4396a341cbf4c77a3ab7y.jpg

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
This would be awesome, but I dont think they made it. Seems like they just used gen pictures and took away the logo.

Reactions: KOT1917

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Would love to see a high end rep. But unfortunately at that price point it's going to be DHGate quality rep.

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I texted the seller, and he told me they don't have that watch, but they can do it for you haha

ToyodaV10

Looking Around
27/11/21
Also contacted. Asked for a sample. Said they don’t have sample. ‘Only custom order.’ ????

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
Yeah, those are fakes photo they stole from a review of the watch. They never did this even as a prototype.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
This could easily happen, the case is titanium - check, the movement is a simple 2 hand with off-center 6 o'clock seconds - check (provided, not the standard spacing, but they can work around that), dial is not complicated to manufacture - check, etc.
BUT, the demand is not there I suspect. Majority of volume in reps is, sadly, status hunters, that follow the mainstream trends (looking at you, China), so Im not sure the focus of the factories is there.

But it would be super cool, if it was one day. I'm not disillusioned that there would be something like a Centigraph, but the Octa sport or something similar, which is made from aluminium, even easier material to work with, would be awesome to see as well.
For god's sake, if there are shitty RM replicas (thankfully getting better), why not FPJ, hm?
Here's hoping!

Reactions: DamienV

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
This could easily happen, the case is titanium - check, the movement is a simple 2 hand with off-center 6 o'clock seconds - check (provided, not the standard spacing, but they can work around that), dial is not complicated to manufacture - check, etc.
BUT, the demand is not there I suspect. Majority of volume in reps is, sadly, status hunters, that follow the mainstream trends (looking at you, China), so Im not sure the focus of the factories is there.

But it would be super cool, if it was one day. I'm not disillusioned that there would be something like a Centigraph, but the Octa sport or something similar, which is made from aluminium, even easier material to work with, would be awesome to see as well.
For god's sake, if there are shitty RM replicas (thankfully getting better), why not FPJ, hm?
Here's hoping!

you just answered your last question with your last sentence in the first paragraph ;)
RM is super "mainstream" and the actual status symbol in the current watch world, FPJ is still a little bit underground.

would love to see the elegante as a rep. its such a cool watch

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
And yet, you have some really strange releases sometimes, I've a MBF rep for example.

It seems factories were taking more risks a few years back, releasing models which were no that mainstream.

Nowadays, no more risk and infinitely iterating on the same models. I wonder how they keep making money on rolex and obscure custom daytona's seeing how many are on the market.

I doubt we will ever see an FPJ replica.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
you just answered your last question with your last sentence in the first paragraph ;)
RM is super "mainstream" and the actual status symbol in the current watch world, FPJ is still a little bit underground.

would love to see the elegante as a rep. its such a cool watch
I dont think so, mate. 🤔
You are partly right, that its not a volume brand, but that doesnt stop anyone from wearing ultra limited APs, PPs, etc.
Journe, same as other "non-mainstream" brands, such as mentioned MB&F, RM, JLC, etc, have their reps, it doesn't really matter, what numbers are produced in GEN.
Perception of FPJ is very high-end, very luxury, on par with RM, so that argument doesn't make sense either.
Lately, I have a feeling, it's more about streamlining and ROI than anything else. The factories, logically, want to make money, but previously there were some bold decisions and experimentation, now it seems it's very much about perfecting the most popular stuff and no time for giving love to anything else. Much. Which is kinda sad.

Reactions: shinynewbling25

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
I dont think so, mate. 🤔
You are partly right, that its not a volume brand, but that doesnt stop anyone from wearing ultra limited APs, PPs, etc.
Journe, same as other "non-mainstream" brands, such as mentioned MB&F, RM, JLC, etc, have their reps, it doesn't really matter, what numbers are produced in GEN.
Perception of FPJ is very high-end, very luxury, on par with RM, so that argument doesn't make sense either.
Lately, I have a feeling, it's more about streamlining and ROI than anything else. The factories, logically, want to make money, but previously there were some bold decisions and experimentation, now it seems it's very much about perfecting the most popular stuff and no time for giving love to anything else. Much. Which is kinda sad.
I agree with what you say but I think you got me wrong. All I said was that FPJ is not perceived as well-known watch brand by the mainstream watch community hence there is no need for the factories to start producing said watches as reps. See your ROI argument which is right from my POV.

Everybody know RM, PP, AP etc. but FPJ still remains a little bit under the radar and is a brand that is being loved by the watch Connaisseurs but hasnt really stepped into the spotlight and presented itself to a broader audience.

I would applaud more bold descicions by the factories but as you stated correctly its all about how much money we can make. If FPJ starts to become more famous I am very sure factories start producing reps.

Reactions: Procurator

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I agree with what you say but I think you got me wrong. All I said was that FPJ is not perceived as well-known watch brand by the mainstream watch community hence there is no need for the factories to start producing said watches as reps. See your ROI argument which is right from my POV.

Everybody know RM, PP, AP etc. but FPJ still remains a little bit under the radar and is a brand that is being loved by the watch Connaisseurs but hasnt really stepped into the spotlight and presented itself to a broader audience.

I would applaud more bold descicions by the factories but as you stated correctly its all about how much money we can make. If FPJ starts to become more famous I am very sure factories start producing reps.
Ah ok, I understood differently, then we are in agreement.
Yes, you're right, its still more on the Grubel Forsey level. But rising, which is positive. :)

Reactions: 160million