• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Exercise Section?

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
Agreed. And thanks for chiming in. I can tell you guys that after changing up my workouts this week I have been sore like a mofo.
I thought I was working out hard before, but this is much worse. I hurt everywhere! LOL
Basically did the "idea" of the daniel craig workout with my own twist on it. Instead of a normal cardio day I did 6 exercises back to back 4 sets of 10 (full body) with 30 seconds to rest between each set.

Workout was:
1. Split Jerk/ Press (half squat with barbell in front and snapping it over head while landing in a split stance
2. 10 different ladder drills down and back (not going to list them all)
3. Box Jumps for 10
4. Barbell Squats for 10
5. Bear Crawls 10 times down the length of the room I was in (20 ft)
6. Pushup position raising my knee towards my elbow. 10 each leg

Did all those effn things 4 times through without stopping. Took me 32 minutes

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
@tommy_boy The lifestyle's the problem... proper diet and exercise are always the first things to go out the window when I'm stressed and low on time!

Being low on time isn't an excuse. There is always healthy fast-food places if you typically want to eat something quick. No need to pick the greasy stuff. I'm guessing Tokyo has a lot of nice healthy meals to offer 24/7!

Really your diet is 80%, not the lack of running 5 miles every day. You don't need 2 hours every day to exercise. Start slowly. Do 3 sets of pushups every day just to get your body going. Do a 2 minute break in between each set. After a couple of works, you can always sign up for a gym, but your diet is really the most important thing here. Try getting 4-5 small meals each day. Specially eating a big dinner isn't good. Your body isn't active afterwards and you typically just go to bed, so you're not going to burn off those calories. You would be surprised how LITTLE you actually need to eat each meal when you calculate your calorie intake!

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
@tommy_boy The lifestyle's the problem... proper diet and exercise are always the first things to go out the window when I'm stressed and low on time!
When I was a happening 80's dollar jockey, I experienced the same thing. I subsequently learned that I was compounding my stress and time issues by not exercising and eating healthy...as exercising and eating healthy actually reduce stress and make one more content.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
My workout program for now: M/W/F upper body, T/TH/SAT lower body. On upper body days I've been doing 15 minutes on the spin bike, but not consistently yet.

UPPER Circuit: (2-3x/week)

- barbie doll shrugs 8 reps (with 5 lbs)

- 1 arm wall ball push ups 5-8/side

- Bruce Lee punch mindset with a 1-arm bent-over row on bench (we haven’t actually done this, but you could extrapolate with your lifting knowledge and the use of the bruce lee arm pushing into the bench while the other arm rows)

- ball A’s/T’s 4 reps of each

- ball ab roll outs – 2 arm 5-8/side (hips move forward)

- shoulder clovers – 3-5 each (front, side, military, bent over reverse flies)

- shoulder bar hip rolls - 3-6 reps per side (work on keeping neck relaxed)

(try for 2 sets total) but keep 4-5 left in the tank!

LOWER Circuit: (3x/week)

(before lower body circuit)

-Lacrosse ball glutes x 1min/side

- Sidely leg lift hold x 15 sec + 10-15 small oscillations for both toes in and toes out (positioned slightly back) - 2 sets for sure, maybe 3 sets!

(after glute wake up)

- 1-leg squats at pole (supported by hands - lean forward, move hips back, not too deep) 7/side

- 1-leg deadlifts 7/side (with 5 lbs db)

- 1-leg kickouts (also called static B) 4reps/direction/side

- sumo squats 15 reps

-Plyometric drill: 20 seconds each max

- skater jumps

- front to back jumps (10s/side)

- toe taps on stairs

- side to side on stairs

- hover feet on stairs

- Kneeling on ball - if this starts to feel comfortable try to do weight shifting (side to side, front to back, circles) 2 x 30-45 seconds

- Ball tucks 5 reps

(3 sets total)

DAILY BREAD AND BUTTER

Foam roll:

T spine

Left lat

Right lat

Self massage:

Left scalene

Right scalene

Left pec minor/subclavius

Right pec minor/subclavius

Tie neck stretch:

Upper and lower

Try extension and flexion

2 sets x 5 reps

Stretch (PNF) 6sec/6sec x 2 sets:

Left pec

Right pec

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
For all members interested not only in exercise and diet but also in running ... Fell free to have a look at the "RWI RUNNING CLUB" .
I've not visited that thread for a while because of a recent spine surgery but there where some seasoned runners there that could give good advices.
I hope I'll be able to be back in running pratice next fall and share some tips and tricks and my goals ... First one being to run some ultra trails (62 miles and beyond) again but I'm not sure I'll ever be as healthy as I was.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Darrenjey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/16
I've been through quite a few transformations over the past 2.5 years.

I'm 5' 9" and 35 years old.

Started of at 94kg and dropped down to 73kg at my lightest weight (combination of diet, training obsessively and a lot of stress).

Started doing a bulk (currently eating around 3500cal 40% carb, 40% protein 20% fats) from that point and I'm now up to 83kg with around 18%bf (cant say for sure as I am covered in tattoos and it effects the readout. One day I'll be 12% the next 26% lol).

I will be bulking for another 4 weeks and then cutting for the next 12 (going to Thailand in June).

I go to the gym at least 5 times a week

I will dig out some pics to show my progress but most were on a old phone.

AA123

3/2/16
20 year old with depression, anxiety, and paranoia on 3 prescription meds. This is important because my depression caused me to eat a lot and not workout, and all 3 meds lower my metabolism. Started dieting about a week ago. It is SO FREAKING DIFFICULT for me. It boils down to brute discipline, which I simply don't have with this. I hate the way my body looks, and I want to change it, but then I tell myself, oh well I'll do it later and I'll be fine.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
20 year old with depression, anxiety, and paranoia on 3 prescription meds. This is important because my depression caused me to eat a lot and not workout, and all 3 meds lower my metabolism. Started dieting about a week ago. It is SO FREAKING DIFFICULT for me. It boils down to brute discipline, which I simply don't have with this. I hate the way my body looks, and I want to change it, but then I tell myself, oh well I'll do it later and I'll be fine.
did you know the most basic and number one cure for depression and anxiety is exercise or activity? I would make that your staple

AA123

3/2/16
did you know the most basic and number one cure for depression and anxiety is exercise or activity? I would make that your staple

Yeah, but unfortunately, I ignored it. Luckily, im doing a lot better now. when i was really depressed, that was the worst time in my life. and my way to "fill myself emotionally" was eating. gained about 25 pounds. but doing a lot better now mentally, so it's time to get to the gym and cut that fat! thanks for the help

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06

That is a lot to deal with and overcome as psychological issues are complex. My eldest brother had severe depression so bad that he couldn't even get out of bed for a couple of months. He eventually worked his way out of it and fortunately has had no relapse since. Stay positive, surround yourself with positive people and start with simple little goals that are easily accomplished.

Had to give you a like for such an honest and revealing post, which is not an easy thing to do. Hang in there man.

AA123

3/2/16
That is a lot to deal with and overcome as psychological issues are complex. My eldest brother had severe depression so bad that he couldn't even get out of bed for a couple of months. He eventually worked his way out of it and fortunately has had no relapse since. Stay positive, surround yourself with positive people and start with simple little goals that are easily accomplished.

Had to give you a like for such an honest and revealing post, which is not an easy thing to do. Hang in there man.

Thank you for the kind words dude-really means a lot! :)

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Yeah, but unfortunately, I ignored it. Luckily, im doing a lot better now. when i was really depressed, that was the worst time in my life. and my way to "fill myself emotionally" was eating. gained about 25 pounds. but doing a lot better now mentally, so it's time to get to the gym and cut that fat! thanks for the help

Strive to do a little better each day.....and take it day by day. Celebrate the wins and overcome the losses!

Keep it up!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Not easy taking a wristie while kneeling on an exercise ball
da6ec38403fc03a73243e43cf3d7b08e.jpg
2fc55d8b94c5fef917a08dd5961e43f8.jpg

Almost fell lol
e48e6d1dc77546219acd6ff7cc4b3a0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk