• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

Iluvpuncak3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
Do you think there is any way of modifying the strap? The white plastic parts jutting into the case is quite unsightly. Do you reckon there is a way to remove that and replace it with a metal strap-case connector just like the gen? Something about it just irks me.

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Isn't the gen strap connector plastic too, just more transparent
0f8f3f3909ca39e179fbdeac80db5976.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20
Yeah it’s more transparent and much smaller. These ones look very large and blocky. I’m just wondering if they’ll ever release a strap for this model. Or if there’s anything that could be done on our end, to somehow make it less obvious. Right now it looks like two thick blocks of plastic on each side. Need to somehow get it to be transparent. If you look at previous rm56 replicas ( without a real Tourbillon) they did not have this problem. The strap attached to the case without the obvious opaque white plastic connector. Wonder if those straps could work on this

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20

notice how the connectors are metal at the top? They are a lot more discreet and don’t take up so much real estate on the top of the case. Probably a small detail but once you notice it you can’t stop fixating on it :/, any suggestions on how to get rid of it or somehow modify it? From the side profile of previous posts, it seems the strap can be removed by undoing the spline screw attatchments, meaning it’s possible customisable. I think fixing this detail will really cement this piece.

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK

notice how the connectors are metal at the top? They are a lot more discreet and don’t take up so much real estate on the top of the case. Probably a small detail but once you notice it you can’t stop fixating on it :/, any suggestions on how to get rid of it or somehow modify it? From the side profile of previous posts, it seems the strap can be removed by undoing the spline screw attatchments, meaning it’s possible customisable. I think fixing this detail will really cement this piece.
Its clear plastic or whatever the strap is made ,I think that's the reflection of the silver piece above it or screws,
da421eb838c9ab4a045da1b24211a498.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

viperhead69

Horology Curious
23/10/19

Hey guys I found a photo of the sapphire RM 56-02 can someone confirm with me if this is a real watch or a replica ? I have never seen what the real one looks like there is no videos only posters

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19

Hey guys I found a photo of the sapphire RM 56-02 can someone confirm with me if this is a real watch or a replica ? I have never seen what the real one looks like there is no videos only posters

100% gen, look at the connection between the stem and the movement on the right side of the photo and compare to the photos of the rep posted upthread. That's the biggest tell that I can see immediately, other than the titanium wire being finer/thinner in the gen

viperhead69

Horology Curious
23/10/19

so I recieved the watch I am very happy with the design of it no scratches but there is one thing that annoys me the tourbillon movment it spins for a bit then stops is there a way to make it keep spinning all the time or is that impossible it is strange how the gears start spinning then stop... the watch is way too overpriced though but looks very similar to the gen

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Ha, I think it's broken and hence I will buy it for 50% off :)
wind it, manual wind for any tourbillon

Reactions: Hasselbaink

viperhead69

Horology Curious
23/10/19
do I wind it clockwise or anti clockwise it is very annoying because it is such a good watch everything is perfect except for the tourbillon stopping to spin ! if it is broken I am gonna be so angry

viperhead69

Horology Curious
23/10/19
all good fixed it thanks so much guys I winded it not pulling out the crown just slowly rubbing my fingertips until I couldnt wind anymore with the resistance you guys are a life saver I was gonna send it back to china lol and freak at them

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20
The case fails the sapphire test using the diamond tester, however passes using the water droplet test. So does this mean it really is sapphire or not? Are diamond testers a good test for sapphire? Does this mean the bezel, front glass is real sapphire? Has anybody brought their watch to get it tested for sapphire?

jtr21510

26/9/15
UPDATE

So I guess the bezel is not real sapphire, at least not the sapphire we expected.

I just found there is crack on one of the screw hole, and there is even a small piece of fragment peel off from the bezel.

I wear this watch daily as normal, didn't really pay attention on it, but not doing any extreme either

I think I need to be more careful now

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Funny thing is, acrylic doesn't crack when you drill it like that, or at least no acrylic I've ever seen does. It looks like they pushed the drill down too hard before starting the hole and cracked the top layer. It may even be a thin sapphire layer bonded to acrylic, which would explain the spider cracks without catastrophic failure and the weird results on the testers and waterdrop test