• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ETA 7750 vs A7750?

martin88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/10/16
Hello i will receive my first rep in a few days, a tag heuer carrera with the A7750 movement, i know i have to be very carefull with the A7750 when changing date and i wont use chrono functions.

now i got a watchmaker who can insert an ETA 7750 movement, how reliable is it?

can i safely use the watch with all features like a gen?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Expensive, but the ETA is so much better! I just swapped to an eta in my skyland Avenger. Remember that you are getting into about $500 in costs between the movement and labor. Also, the seconds chronograph hand is not the same size post, so can you source a gen or the watchsmith will have to crimp the rep hand.

martin88

MULTI ACCOUNT
7/10/16
Expensive, but the ETA is so much better! I just swapped to an eta in my skyland Avenger. Remember that you are getting into about $500 in costs between the movement and labor. Also, the seconds chronograph hand is not the same size post, so can you source a gen or the watchsmith will have to crimp the rep hand.

so would you recommend using the chrono functions when i got the ETA? or changing date no matter what time it is?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Chronograph functions should not be an issue, but it is recommended to reset when the chronograph second hand is close to 12. Date set, well any mechanical watch can be damaged if the date change gears are engaged, regardless of Asian or swiss, or Japanese. Best to have the hour after 4 am to be safe. Is your tag a caliber 16 based rep?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ok, for your purposes beyond the chronograph second hand it should be a drop in swap. Speak with your watchsmith to verify he is comfortable with crimping the chronograph second hand tube. If so I'd contact your TD and buy a second set of hands as a backup since the metal is thin and brittle. The other option is to look on eBay for a handset from a caliber 16 tag that looks similar to your second hand.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/273556-Carrera-16-vs-Carrera-1887

martin88

MULTI ACCOUNT
7/10/16
Ok, for your purposes beyond the chronograph second hand it should be a drop in swap. Speak with your watchsmith to verify he is comfortable with crimping the chronograph second hand tube. If so I'd contact your TD and buy a second set of hands as a backup since the metal is thin and brittle. The other option is to look on eBay for a handset from a caliber 16 tag that looks similar to your second hand.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/273556-Carrera-16-vs-Carrera-1887

okay i will ask him thanks for your extensive view ;)