• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BK DSSD review

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
So after a while (I really did not keep track say 4 wks), I received a dssd straight from bk. In the meantime I received another sub a wm9 that is spectacular. I don't know if this sub set the bar sky high as far as quality, look expectations. Well, I have mixed feelings on this rep and really it boils down to what some would say trivial details.

Pros: Smooth winding, nice case, dw and insert (pearl is pretty good) and glidelock is buttery smooth. Lume is nice (I've never really cared for lume, it's nice if it's there but not necessary).

Cons: Bracelet clasp closes at a slight / not a | and has a gap. The dial indices have a marble look to them (slight grayish lines specially the 12 o'clock) and material does not look pearl like it's more clay like finish. But this may be an illusion created by the marble like finish. Caseback that is supposed to be titanium has slight discoloration or spots if you will (I obviously do not have a glass wrist so it's really a non issue).

It's really nitpicking, it will have flaws and it's a rep. I was looking at other dssd rep pics and the clasp seems to have that issue. No biggie there, but the dial itself is a bit off from all the other pics I've seen. clearly not pearl white or white at all.

I'm glad bk does his superb quality check, and maybe this is my fault because I failed to ask for pics before sending it to me. To be honest, I was more worried about the pearl seeing as this was a bigger issue than the dial indices.

Realistically you can't really see it farther than 8" but again as a rookie wis I know it's there.

My camera a nikon L18 will not power up so this mini review is useless without pics but will load them asap.

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way an attempt to discredit bk's work in fact, I have not told him about the indices because I am trying to cope with it and I guess it kind of adds character to the watch. I am simply offering a review of it.

Comfortability: In my 6.75 it wears wells and feels comfortable, I'm sure this is bk's work on the bracelet, a similar bracelet on a 21j I have is stiff and rougher on the edges. At 7.2 oz it's a little lighter than the reported 7.8oz (I think) on the gen.

and yes...

:ttiwwop:

BTW I would like to see about getting one of them cool avatars that say dssd club please!

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Damn it!!!

We need pic´s, the DSSD takes some time to get used too, but it´s a fine watch (looking at my wrist...)

Wear it well :)