• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

English Premier League

dan7heman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/12
Birmingham
Massive Aston Villa fan here, go to as many games as i can when the funds seem to free up enough to spend £70 or so on two tickets... So it's only two or three times a year.

Albion fan here... I know we will be the only midlands premier league club next season but i'm ALMOST feeling sorry for you lot lol

Gajdica

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/9/15
Still think Spurs have a chance.. get your money oñ.

Had a bet on them just before Christmas. Looking very much like it's Leicester though with only 4 games left. If they win 2 of them, it will be done and dusted I reckon. Nice to see two of the clubs no one would have chosen to win it last August fighting it out though!

dan7heman

26/10/12
Birmingham
I still think Spurs. Leicester have 3 tough final games. They lose one the wheels will come off. No Vardy for 2 games either.

dan7heman

26/10/12
Birmingham
West Brom are awful, our manager will always keep us away from relegation, however we dont like him. The football is the worst to watch in the world. So do i appreciate we stay in the rich league but hate it, or gamble with a new manager and maybe be relegated? for me i'd gamble.

Zeinharis

I'm Pretty Popular
17/1/16
Congrats to Leicester and to Ranieri for winning the EPL!!.

Now goes for the Champions League, all Madrid final?.. Whaaattttt?? [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

JustWandering

18/9/16
Ive noticed a few references to EPL teams in other threads but this one hasn't had some love for a while.

What a turn around at Chelsea under Conte.
Players are screwing the nut and Hazard looking like the player that was always promised.

Shocked at the Liverpool result and Jurgen needs at least another experienced centre back. Maybe Virgil van Dijk in Jan with a $25mill release clause.

Mourinho needs a minor miracle and a clear out at Old Trafford. That useless fud Felliani needs to be first to go. Never a top 3 EPL player.

nicks

21/5/13
Ive noticed a few references to EPL teams in other threads but this one hasn't had some love for a while.

What a turn around at Chelsea under Conte.
Players are screwing the nut and Hazard looking like the player that was always promised.

Shocked at the Liverpool result and Jurgen needs at least another experienced centre back. Maybe Virgil van Dijk in Jan with a $25mill release clause.

Mourinho needs a minor miracle and a clear out at Old Trafford. That useless fud Felliani needs to be first to go. Never a top 3 EPL player.

I agree with you, Conte has done an amazing job there.
And couldn't agree with you more about the Fellaini part, he hasn't been good since he played in Everton.
I cant understand why he hasn't been sold yet, and I cant really get my head around the fact that he still gets playtime.
But to be fair Man UTD does not use him in the same way as Everton did, in everton he was a box player that was a pain in the ass for the opponents due to his size and that is not how he has been used in Manchester.

JustWandering

18/9/16
I do enjoy the silly season and transfer rumours.
Latest - Virgil van Dijk off to Chelsea for £50million.
Will Ronaldo leave Real? Would PSG be his preference over a return to United?

reckoner777

Renowned Member
10/7/16
I do enjoy the silly season and transfer rumours.
Latest - Virgil van Dijk off to Chelsea for £50million.
Will Ronaldo leave Real? Would PSG be his preference over a return to United?

Ronaldo leaving Madrid is no doubt. Although French league has progressed into a completely new level over the past decade I think he is more likely to move onto EPL to show off what he is still capable of.

I don't think what he needs at this point is more money as he is the most wealthy player among all active players.

JustWandering

18/9/16
Ronaldo leaving Madrid is no doubt. Although French league has progressed into a completely new level over the past decade I think he is more likely to move onto EPL to show off what he is still capable of.

I don't think what he needs at this point is more money as he is the most wealthy player among all active players.

Agree re. PSG.
I went to watch them while I was in Paris back last October against Basel. They won 3-0 but it wasn't a very high standard of match considering it was Champions League. Cavani would struggle in the EPL and he scored 35 goals in the french league! Surely Ronaldo would prefer another crack at the EPL to playing against Metz, Dijon, Caen etc.

reckoner777

Renowned Member
10/7/16
Agree re. PSG.
I went to watch them while I was in Paris back last October against Basel. They won 3-0 but it wasn't a very high standard of match considering it was Champions League. Cavani would struggle in the EPL and he scored 35 goals in the french league! Surely Ronaldo would prefer another crack at the EPL to playing against Metz, Dijon, Caen etc.
I don't believe it's the average quality of Ligue 1 which enabled Cavani to score 35 last season. There are some very top notch attackers both in PSG and in the league in general and they score a lot. To be honest I prefered to watch more Ligue 1 than EPL past season as I believe it's absolutely more entertaining and exciting in terms of youngsters showcasing their capabilities.

That being said, EPL is still the scene.

JustWandering

18/9/16
I don't believe it's the average quality of Ligue 1 which enabled Cavani to score 35 last season. There are some very top notch attackers both in PSG and in the league in general and they score a lot. To be honest I prefered to watch more Ligue 1 than EPL past season as I believe it's absolutely more entertaining and exciting in terms of youngsters showcasing their capabilities.

That being said, EPL is still the scene.

Totally respect your opinion ... but outside of the obvious candidates at Monaco and PSG - which attacking players would walk into the EPL top 6 clubs and be successful?
Not being a dick - genuinely interested to hear as you obviously watch a lot of Ligue 1.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I thought Ronaldo and Mourihno weren't on best of terms. Am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

reckoner777

Renowned Member
10/7/16
Totally respect your opinion ... but outside of the obvious candidates at Monaco and PSG - which attacking players would walk into the EPL top 6 clubs and be successful?
Not being a dick - genuinely interested to hear as you obviously watch a lot of Ligue 1.

I can name Lacazette of Lyon, Seri of Nice off the top of my head. That being said still being a veteran I think Valbuena definitely had what it takes to make a EPL level attacker.