• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Edward Piguet 'Tank'

ChesapeakeLax

Horology Curious
29/10/22
Hello,

I'm searching for an AP Edward Piguet Silver Dial White Gold (stainless, I know) 'Tank' design watch such as the men's 15121BCOO0002CR01. Preferably in a 1:1 Clone/Super Clone type if possible.

I've only found this on non TD sites that are very questionable and would prefer finding one here if possible.

I appreciate any help you can provide...

Thanks-

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
All reps are “questionable” to some extent if you know what to look for. It’s all very subjective.
Unfortunately this model is an obscure one where replica watches are concerned. What do you find questionable about the ones you saw so far? Your only option outside of gen getting a “respectable” one will be to get gen parts and build a custom based on your requirements.

Reactions: Allure

ChesapeakeLax

Horology Curious
29/10/22
All reps are “questionable” to some extent if you know what to look for. It’s all very subjective.
Unfortunately this model is an obscure one where replica watches are concerned. What do you find questionable about the ones you saw so far? Your only option outside of gen getting a “respectable” one will be to get gen parts and build a custom based on your requirements.
Thanks for the great response. I pretty much guessed that this AP design was rare from doing my homework on this forum.
Any findings I've had are from sites that do little to no communication, only supply one photo of the dial and list information that is on the Gen Mfg's site. I really like the style and have wanted one for some time but don't have 20-30(+) K to shell out for it.

A friend suggested I find a good quality replica. I'm learning that that has become a rabbit hole of unique proportions...LOL
I would entertain your last suggestion regarding parts and paying a quality maker for the labor but don't know how to go about that.

ChesapeakeLax

Horology Curious
29/10/22
Two of the sites that list the watch are: 124Logo.net and SwissReplicaShop.com. The former has failed to respond to any of my e-mails and the latter screwed me by sending me a fraudulent Patek Philippe Calatrava 5227. It's the officer's watch w/ the cover on the bottom of the case. Well, mine wasn't received that way (missing) and their response was it never had one...even when their site lists the damn thing...
So, I'm paranoid as hell as you can expect right now...LOL

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
@ChesapeakeLax don't buy from those websites - use a trusted dealer listed on this forum. I would reach out to a couple of them and ask if they are able to source the watch you are after even if not listed on their websites.

Reactions: locvs

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for the great response. I pretty much guessed that this AP design was rare from doing my homework on this forum.
Any findings I've had are from sites that do little to no communication, only supply one photo of the dial and list information that is on the Gen Mfg's site. I really like the style and have wanted one for some time but don't have 20-30(+) K to shell out for it.

A friend suggested I find a good quality replica. I'm learning that that has become a rabbit hole of unique proportions...LOL
I would entertain your last suggestion regarding parts and paying a quality maker for the labor but don't know how to go about that.
A lot of the dodgy sites use pictures stolen blatantly from the gen brand sites and represented as their actual products.

ChesapeakeLax

Horology Curious
29/10/22
@ChesapeakeLax don't buy from those websites - use a trusted dealer listed on this forum. I would reach out to a couple of them and ask if they are able to source the watch you are after even if not listed on their websites.
I've purchased my first TD from someone listed on this forum. His/Her response was that they were only able to avail themselves of the products listed on their site and could not pass on a referral. From what I've been able to gather two of the most highly respected mfg.s are ZF & JF but are unavailable to me unless done through a dealer.

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
I have a feeling the explanation below could be useful for you:

A TD stands for Trusted Dealer. These people are dealers that you communicate with and broker the watch for you, they have their websites and you should purchase from these people (as they are "trusted", meaning that simply they have a good reputation among the forum, and they are to be trusted). Once you make the payment, these people go to the manufacturers of the REP(lica) watches such as APSF, JF, ZF, PPF, Clean, BTF, and so on, and procure the watch for you.

Link to TDs: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/trusted-rep-dealers.147/

At this stage, what I would recommend that you do is contact a few of these TDs and inquire about the model that you are looking for. If it is ever replicated before and potentially available now, they will be the people that can help you.

Reactions: ChesapeakeLax