• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

eBay's authenticity guaranteed - is it really?

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
That link is pure gold, thank you.

And I pitty everyone who doesn't culturally understand "Die Suchbegriffe Clinton und Dahlwitz-Hoppegarten erbrachten einen Treffen in Form der „Clinton Großhandels-GmbH“, einem „Familiengeführten, modernen Modeunternehmen“, zu dem Marken wie „Camp David“ gehören. Mein Gott, Dieter Bohlen prüft meine Uhr?"

Scary is the fact that this authentification from eBay actually enables more fraud than previously possible. Looking at their terms and conditions ("Watches may contain repaired aftermarket parts or retrofitted parts") you can be 100% sure they would let many reps through and and thereby "producing" gen watches out of fakes.
You're very welcome sir.
And yes, that's it. That system doesn't give you any guarantee. In the end you have to do your dd as you have to here when you deal in m2m. No difference at all. At that point I prefer to sell Gens either here or on chrono24, where it's up to myself to cover all bases.