• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ebay GEN Daytona for sale........Looks very SUSPECT!

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
There is a Rolex Daytona up for auction on ebay UK. Starting price £0.99
The bezel protector is fitted and only 2x pics with it removed. The pics are low quality as you can't zoom in from the listing and take a closer look.
Only the one box is showing and no other Rolex point of sale material is in any photographs. No wallet or cards etc etc.
I smell a rat here and would like to see if anyone else has any thoughts before it is possibly reported to ebay as a non gen watch.

Ebay seller name is "anonja-0" (anon(ymous) - yes - 0)? Very suspect, and the seller is claiming he is selling "due to personal reasons". The oldest story/excuse in the scammers selling book.

Here's the link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394136277944?_trksid=p2471758.m4703

This is not good for our rep hobby as we all know. Maybe ebay should be able to send scammers to our Brig lol.

Any thoughts, maybe I am wrong.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I know nothing about Rolex but it’s fake as it gets. Bad pics, sob story and no sales feedback…buy the seller not the watch.

If it were real they could have it authenticated and pawn it for a decent amount if they need a quick buck.

Reactions: Pierre Le Trek

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
I know nothing about Rolex but it’s fake as it gets. Bad pics, sob story and no sales feedback…buy the seller not the watch.

If it were real they could have it authenticated and pawn it for a decent amount if they need a quick buck.

Spot on there mate. People still bidding on it. Wonder if it has anything to do with our friend Lewis Collins AKA warmbold1000

repreg123

7/8/19
Asked for pic of card and ref # on rehaut.
Response:
Hi there thank you for your message,

Not sure what you mean and not sure why your refering to my watch as fake but you must have you reasons.

I am more than happy to post the cards etc but I m still waiting for my watch to come back from storage so once it has I can do so. I am waiting so hopefully it comes back before the end of this week because I also go abroad for a couple of weeks from Sunday.

Last edited:

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
repreg123 This is a defo scammer

So, he's going away on Sunday for 2x weeks holiday just before the auction ends.......how convenient. Gets paid out and has two weeks excuse not to send it.
He can't get it out of storage.............to show any more photo's. I wonder will ebay hand this over to the cops.

Reactions: repreg123

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I just can’t believe anyone is stupid enough to bid on this (and any other brand for that matter).

I’ve seen others but not big dollars low hanging fruit brands like Tag Heuer Aquaracer x Bamford complete with box, papers, hang tags etc all looks legit except the lume on the hands was green and not blue. So I reported it but it still sold for about $3.5k AUD…too many of them out there too keep track of:(

Most would have no idea unfortunately.

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
The more of us report it the sooner it will be taken down and his account investigated. I might send a message to ask about a few things and start it with "HELLO LEWIS COLLINS" lol

Thatwatchguy repreg123

repreg123

7/8/19
If it doesn't get deleted one of us should buy it at whatever price, just put like 30k as max offer to avoid it being sold to some innocent bystander

Reactions: Ecender

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Lol that was quick…I love how eBay has so many ads for authentication guarantees on sneakers which are a drop in the ocean compared to watch prices:confused: