• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do any of you have a suggestion for packaging for our watches?

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Do any of you have a suggestion for packaging for our watches? Personally we feel the standard watch box has been done to death and we are looking for something different.

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
canvas baggie?

metal ammo style tin canister?

ammo pouch style leather bag?

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Is that your logo? Get a box made that is shaped like a rifle. It's long enough and what's cooler than guns?

If you use my idea I'm getting a free watch at least I hope! :cheese:

FrenchBully

22/6/13
USA
I think the leather ammo pouch is a good idea. Not sure if it is big enough but maybe a gun powder horn cut in half.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hmm, I'd be taking a leaf out of Cadence Watch Companies book and apply the KISS principle. The idea here is to keep these things affordable and reasonably priced for what you get, yes? That is hard enough when you are trying to keep as much as possible made in The Land of the Free without adding a fancy box set.

May I suggest you go for a simple brown cardboard box such as Infantry Watches use (google it) and offer something fancier as am extra if desired. Perhaps you could find some veterans who work with wood to make some presentation boxes for those who want something fancy. Remember tho that most boxes get thrown into the cupboard never to see the light of day again, it's the watch you are selling and that's were the money should go.

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
I for one don't care at all about packaging, only the product. When I buy a watch online I look at the watch, not the box. By the time I get to see the box it means I already decided and bought the watch. nothing wrong with a standard box, I don't buy boxes. Plus for a watch under $500 the box will most probably be tossed away anyway.

nicks

21/5/13
Boxes made to look like Weapons or ammunition might not be the smartest thing to have if you want less customs problem.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Boxes........

Boxes are here to stay. Everything comes in a box. I and most folks would not buy anything new if it came without a box. A bit of the "feel good" thing when something 'is' boxed. If it was bagged, feeling the bag would reveal the contents and remove the surprise. Ever try to gift wrap something without a box....drives you nuts. Colors, materials, designs will vary.......but boxes will stay. I for one don't want to be buried wrapped in an expensive Persian carpet..........nope thanks, I prefer a box with side handles, thank you very much. Boxes are goooood! :cheers:

sgtguk

Known Member
8/7/12
I agree keeping it as simple as you can for most people is the way to go, don't worry too much with packaging, as long as it gets where it should on time and undamaged we don't care. My 2c anyway !

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Is that your logo? Get a box made that is shaped like a rifle. It's long enough and what's cooler than guns?

If you use my idea I'm getting a free watch at least I hope! :cheese:

My dad thought of that as well. We are not sure who we can get to do it though. =)

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
I agree keeping it as simple as you can for most people is the way to go, don't worry too much with packaging, as long as it gets where it should on time and undamaged we don't care. My 2c anyway !

This is actually my thinking as well. But I have found it's not what I want. =) It's what our customers want.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
A friend at work got a pen seized by customs because it was made by smith and Wesson. Anything relating to weapons will draw a red flag increasing chance of it being seized. I would avoid these things when shipping overseas. I'm in australia

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
In the end he filed a appeal and got his pen. Reason for seizing was it had a sharp point on one end. UH NO SHIT ITS A FRICKEN PEN!!!!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Ammo box is the way to go I feel. Let me know if you'd like me to design one.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Actually, if you're style lends itself to more period ideas, I'd love to design something classically styled that looks and feels like the original minuteman concept.

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
A tiny wooden ammo box wood be cool but more expensive.

You could vacuum-seal it in MRE type packaging with a resealable top (ziplock) with a tear away above that for the initial opening.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Tin cans. Screw thread top, Made to look like Ring pull ones. Matt black with foam liner box and cushion.
Actually got the idea from a fellow member who sent me a Hublot in a Gaultier perfume tin.