• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

discuss about Dial

holynitro

Getting To Know The Place
8/3/10
hi guys,

as we all knew about the REP dial , the position of date window is wrong.

anyone here know, when this will be fixed? and, when will that version come out?

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
the problem is not just the positioning of the datewheel, the reason the datewheel is too much to the right is because of the A7750 movement, I thought I've read somewhere it is possible to mod the A7750 movement to get the datewheel in the correct position, though, I forgot where... :(

holynitro

Getting To Know The Place
8/3/10
It was Sanders review on RWG.

do you have the link for this?

the problem is not just the positioning of the datewheel, the reason the datewheel is too much to the right is because of the A7750 movement, I thought I've read somewhere it is possible to mod the A7750 movement to get the datewheel in the correct position, though, I forgot where... :(

so , if in the future the A7750 will be modified so, the dial would be in the correct position .. but when this will be? :D

Imaknockov

18/1/11
I think that if they wanted to, they could stand to relocate the date window 0.5mm or so to the left on the dial, even without changing the date wheel. The circular dial opening might be slightly off-center with the rectangular opening, but as the date is recessed, unless you're looking at the date perfectly square-on, I don't think anyone would notice. At the very least, I think that the slightly offset windows would be less obvious than the current configuration. Just my humble opinion.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
There was a discussion on RG about a "new" type of AP where the rehaut was shortened to give the illusion of the date window being in the right place. From what I gather, it's a different factory making this. Not from noobfactory.

Here's a comparo:

unknown factory
3555_P_1254197415462.jpg

Noobfactory
1224854304346405211.jpg

Gen
3340-AP.jpg