• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Did I receive the wrong Daytona?

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
The CF Daytona that I just received from Lucy doesn't seem to be the same watch as in her QC. The bezel font is completely different. It's thinner and the 0 and 6 inside is too big.

Can you guys take a look and see if I'm correct? Much appreciated.

The one I've received.

3zOYzY.jpg

This is from Lucy's QC.

3zO1kk.jpg

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
ITs really hard to tell because they are at different angles and her shot is showing the 3D shadows of the numbers where your is in bright light and not showing the same angle.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The bezel font isn’t “completely different”.

Take another photo, but from exactly the same angle and under exactly the same lighting conditions as the QC pic, and you’ll get a better idea of how different the deep-set markings on a Daytona ceramic bezel look, depending on angle/lighting.

Looks like the lighting playing tricks to me.

wolfwood

4/2/11
Tough to get the exact same angle and lighting but here are a couple more pics.

3zOCzR.jpg

3zOl7L.jpg

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
I’d say same watch. Stickers are attached exactly the same way (look at the 5 o’clock lug) and crown position screwed in also exactly the same.

Same watch or not, you’ve received an excellent example, congrats! If you don’t like it, shoot me a Pm :geek:

Jazz01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/1/23
Europe
seconding @domiffm - it looks like an excellent example - if you are going for CF (instead for e.g. BT) I see nothing to complain

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Serial number is same at both ?

Jazz01

16/1/23
Europe
btw - really interesting like how the white is changing under different light condition - so thanks for sharing the pics :) too

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
The CF Daytona that I just received from Lucy doesn't seem to be the same watch as in her QC. The bezel font is completely different. It's thinner and the 0 and 6 inside is too big.

Can you guys take a look and see if I'm correct? Much appreciated.

The one I've received.

3zOYzY.jpg

This is from Lucy's QC.

3zO1kk.jpg
Does the dial/ lens look blue-ish?

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Definitely the same watch. If you look at the spot between the bezel and the lug @ 7ish...you can see specs of dust or bubbles near the bottom left of the zeros in the 100. They are identical on both pics....that can't be chance.

wolfwood

4/2/11
Thanks for all the help. I really though that it's not the same.

Another thing that I discovered is that the bezel numbers are not as silver as on the pictures that I've seen. As a matter of fact, in regular room yellowish lighting condition, the numbers look more gold than silver which was also my concern.

illlbilll

Supporter
Certified
8/10/19
Thanks for all the help. I really though that it's not the same.

Another thing that I discovered is that the bezel numbers are not as silver as on the pictures that I've seen. As a matter of fact, in regular room yellowish lighting condition, the numbers look more gold than silver which was also my concern.
For some reason, I think they look different as well even considering the angle of the shots.
Even down to the text on the dials look different to me.
Sorry, hope I didnt cause mmore headache for you but just my 2 cents

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
They don't have any bluish tin. One thing I did notice is that the latest CF seems to be using the BT glass because it's really clear now.
Can anyone comment on this? Has there been a change in the xtal used by Clean for their Daytona?