• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DG2813 Day Date Wheel Alignment

Shakennotstirred

Horology Curious
26/8/21
Hello, I’m having some trouble assembling a Rafflesdial Day Date build. I ordered a DG2813 with day and date wheels and I was following an older tutorial on here and it said everything should line up but when I place the dial on it does not.

Do I need the day wheel overlay from raffles? Also the day wheel seems to be covering the date wheel slightly so I’m not sure if I need a different moment or just overlays? I’m worried just day overlay won’t fix the day wheel showing in the date window. Thanks for your help.

Parts used:

Shakennotstirred

Horology Curious
26/8/21
Yes, you'll need new date/day wheels or overlays. That 2813 is setup for a larger dial.
Do the new overlays go over both wheel as is? Or do I need to take off the day wheel for the overlays? I can’t seem to find a write up or tutorial on this.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Yes, the overlays go on top. You simply adhere them. The date overlay will easily go on top of the date wheel, however the day wheel will be a little more difficult. You'll either need a new day wheel, or trim the current wheel to allow the date to not be obstructed.

Reactions: Shakennotstirred

Shakennotstirred

Horology Curious
26/8/21
So
Yes, the overlays go on top. You simply adhere them. The date overlay will easily go on top of the date wheel, however the day wheel will be a little more difficult. You'll either need a new day wheel, or trim the current wheel to allow the date to not be obstructed.
thank you for the help!

Reactions: KushBandit

Shakennotstirred

Horology Curious
26/8/21
Does anyone know how to swap/attach both of these overlays? I can’t find any tutorials for swapping both the day and date? I’ve seen other sources just say you glue it on but my current day wheel would block the date. Super confused as this is my first time doing a day-date build.

Do I need a different movement?

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/23
USA
Did you ever get this working? I know another member here assembled a DD with a 2813 without any trouble. I wonder if there are different sizes of DD 2813s out there. You'd never know from the Aliexpress/ebay listings.

Shakennotstirred

Horology Curious
26/8/21
Did you ever get this working? I know another member here assembled a DD with a 2813 without any trouble. I wonder if there are different sizes of DD 2813s out there. You'd never know from the Aliexpress/ebay listings.
I couldn’t get it to line up. Could you PM me the link to the parts they used or put me in contact with them?

2/5/23
USA
Actually, looking at that thread more closely, I think he used a dial that Raffles no longer sells. The day window cuts into the track in a way that it doesn’t on the current dials. It’s closer to the position of the window on the Tudor dials.

Unfortunately, I’ve only done a date overlay, so I don’t have any tips for the day disc.

GokuSon

18/5/23
Germany
Hey, i think you got the wrong movement, you need this version of the DG2813

Shakennotstirred

Horology Curious
26/8/21
I’ve tried both with no luck unfortunately. The bottom movement works with an older, discontinued Raffles Dial I believe as another member mentioned above. I also couldn’t get the day overlay to work properly with the day /date change. I’ve mostly given up on this project until I find a better solution.

dpd3672

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Posting to follow. I've got a couple builds with a 2813/3804 that had date window issues. Hoping to get some insight and resources here.

GokuSon

18/5/23
Germany
I’ve tried both with no luck unfortunately. The bottom movement works with an older, discontinued Raffles Dial I believe as another member mentioned above. I also couldn’t get the day overlay to work properly with the day /date change. I’ve mostly given up on this project until I find a better solution.
the second pic i posted is with the overlay glued on the first pic i posted

Shakennotstirred

Horology Curious
26/8/21
the second pic i posted is with the overlay glued on the first pic i posted
Ah okay! I did the try an overlay onto a normal location day-date DG as well as one with the overlay style date standard. Do you have a link for that one? I wonder if it’s different that the one I tried.