• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Detailed First Time Purchase Review - In progress

12monkeys

Looking Around
24/8/18
Toronto, Canada
Hi everyone,
I am new to these forums and in progress with my first purchase with Tim. So far everything is going well. I chose WatchFinder because of the positive reviews and so far they are all correct.
Tim will respond to my emails within 24 hours and was able to locate the exact watch I was looking for (Hublot Big Bang All Black 2 with Gummy Strap).

Here are the steps of my journey for other first time purchasers:
1) I emailed Tim (his email can be found in these forums) with pictures of the watch I was looking for
2) He sent some pictures and pricing for the watch and shipping (in my case, to Canada)
3) After I confirmed the watch was the version I wanted and I confirmed to proceed, he sent me an estimate document and instructions on how to pay. Although other TD's offered this watch, Tim had the best price as well!
4) Tim uses one payment method called Transferwise.com and it has been super easy. You can pay by debit card, credit card, traditional wire and many other options via this platform (for a small fee that is cheaper than a traditional wire transfer). I picked to pay via credit card (to transferwise). It was the fastest and it was only a few dollars more.
5) The money supposedly sends within one day and you can check your transferwise account for updates. Within 12 hours, I can see the amount is pending in my credit card statement. Currently, I am awaiting confirmation that it has been received by Tim.

The total time for all the transactions above has been about 3 days so far, which I am content with.
I will update this thread with my progress as it goes, for other first time buyers. Cheers!

Reactions: adi…italy

Astajic

Known Member
23/8/18
I bought from Tim a month ago a PAM 616 carbotech, all went smooth and get the watch within 10 days after piurchase (I'm in EU). No problem Tim is a really good at his job. Highly recommended.

fostata

Horology Curious
2/12/16
I bought from Tim a month ago a PAM 616 carbotech, all went smooth and get the watch within 10 days after piurchase (I'm in EU). No problem Tim is a really good at his job. Highly recommended.

Hi Astajic,

What delivery method did you use for EU?

Thanks