• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Special Service-Time4Direct

guylargo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/11
Has anyone tried the pre-delivery (tune-up) service currently provided by Time4Direct for a small additional cost? Sounds like a pretty good bargain if the service is performed correctly.

BTW, does any other dealer provide this service?

Service will consist of
Movement cleaning
Oiling of movement
Regulating the time keeping after re assembly
Greasing the rubber seals

Prices are

21j Asain $25
2836 /2824/sw200 Asian or Swiss $35
7750 basic chrono original configuration $50
7750 with modifications EX seconds at 6 or 12 etc $70
6497/8 $35
ST19 $45
Hand wind unspecified Asian $25

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I'm not going to speculate on the quality of this services. I do know a couple other dealers where offering movement services and the quality was less then desired.

murklemark

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/10
I asked a few members about it, they think it's great, they're watches are regulated and work +1/2secs. TB says the guy who does the service has 20+ years experience so i've just order 2 watches with the service option, much cheaper than UK watch smiths.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Over 5 years now and I never serviced any rep outside of stem and rotor lubing....They're all working great.

$35.00 for a full service is a heckuva price, if indeed that's what you get.

rolly_olly

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/2/11
To be honest I am a bit sceptical about these pre delivery services. I mean how would you know for sure that it has actually been carried out?

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
To be honest I am a bit sceptical about these pre delivery services. I mean how would you know for sure that it has actually been carried out?

Open up the back and look at the movement with a loupe. You can see if the movement/jewels/bearings are oiled, the seals are greased, etc. You should also be able to tell if it was just a swish & dip service based upon where oil is applied.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Assuming that is a proper servicing and not just a "swish and dip" as Dustin pointed out, that is a heck of a deal.
My unserviced Pam 186 runs like a top, when I got a second one (serviced) and compared the 7750's... it was very clear which had been properly serviced... not only was oil in the "correct" spots, the movement plates/bridges and such were much, much cleaner. Odd thing is, they both run like champs.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
If any of the dealers are going to do it properly, it will be T4D

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
It sounds really good. And hopefully it will prove to be as good as descriped.

There is no reason that a service cannot be performed to the same level in China as anywhere else. The problem is the confidence with something many of us cannot evaluate.

The feedback on this forum will be very useful!

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Open up the back and look at the movement with a loupe. You can see if the movement/jewels/bearings are oiled, the seals are greased, etc. You should also be able to tell if it was just a swish & dip service based upon where oil is applied.

You REALLY need to know what to look for if you open it up. Someone who doesn't have ANY experience with watch movements whatsoever will have hard time telling whether a jewel is properly oiled or not and that's probably 90% of the members here. Hell, I couldn't be able to tell either

D

d4m.test

Hi, Guy!

I know from experience in dealing with Robert that he's ethical & responsible; if he says he's going to do something, you can take it to the bank. Just my .02

dave