• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust Factory recommendation - 2022

Roy69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/22
Congrats! Looks gorgeous, I like this slight sunburst, don't have that on my Explorer. Would you mind reminding me what factory you chose?
I actually compared the sunburst with a Gen datejust that one of the directors in our office has, though it is 6 years old. I could absolutely not make out any difference whatsoever. Or maybe my eyes are untrained.

The GMF jubilee bracelet also has a sparkle to it under sunlight.

I have worn it to a mall and restaurants and already got compliments from waiters and waitresses.

jp13abk

2/8/22
Thank you. It has the A2824
Cheers. Did you have to get it serviced? Or are you planning on doing so?

I’m looking at the same movement for my first rep, mainly because general consensus is that it’s the best for those looking for an OOTB watch.

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Cheers. Did you have to get it serviced? Or are you planning on doing so?

I’m looking at the same movement for my first rep, mainly because general consensus is that it’s the best for those looking for an OOTB watch.
Naaa, just wear it and if something happens then you can get it serviced or swapped for an ETA or Sellita. Not worth servicing it, if you're lucky it'll run for years.

Reactions: jp13abk

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Looks like EWF and BPF are the only factories for the green palm dial. As you said, I doubt they'll ever nail the correct shade of green, but I'll probably end up buying one as it's such a fun dial.

jp13abk

2/8/22
Opinions on GMF vs BPF factory models of the Date Just 36mm and/or Oyster Perpetual 36mm?

jp13abk

2/8/22
Looks like EWF and BPF are the only factories for the green palm dial. As you said, I doubt they'll ever nail the correct shade of green, but I'll probably end up buying one as it's such a fun dial.
Just for info, bought a GMF green palm dial from Supermirrors. QC photos looked great (in my Noob opinion).

I’ve received it today, will be inspecting it after work, but from the research I’ve done GMF make pretty good DJ replicas.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
I've seen the JDF palm with the diamond dial listed (not for me), but I haven't seen any TD listing of the GMF 36mm palm variant. You mind sharing (pm or otherwise) the listing or your QC?

jp13abk

2/8/22
I've seen the JDF palm with the diamond dial listed (not for me), but I haven't seen any TD listing of the GMF 36mm palm variant. You mind sharing (pm or otherwise) the listing or your QC?

Sure, see QC photos below. For info, it has A2824 movement.

zqk09t.jpg

zqkJDE.jpg

zqkVqn.jpg

zqkcX3.jpg

zqkgbs.jpg

zqwZUY.jpg

zqwjQD.jpg

zqwzRk.jpg

zqwK9J.jpg

zqkbs2.jpg
zqwHho.jpg

zqkFR5.jpg

zqkSKF.jpg

Reactions: Roy69

Roy69

29/6/22
Hi Team

Reaching out as I have been having some trouble with the watch lately, especially the time setting, the watch does not seem to be keeping time and is moving fast by almost 20 mins and sometimes by hours.

I also noticed that the winding crown in Position 1 to wind the watch is hard and cranks and sometimes does not wind properly at all.

I am afraid I will need to get this serviced.

Has anyone had any similar issues? Or any suggestions?

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Sounds like it's magnetized and the keyless is slipping. Can buy a demagnetizer on Amazon or take it locally to be demagnetized.

I wouldn't recommend stem winding ANY automatic watch regularly and especially not a rep. Buy a winder or wear it regularly, but the keyless works in these reps are pretty fragile.

Roy69

29/6/22
Thanks I will give the de-magnetizer a shot,

I also suspect there is something wrong inside as there is a clanking nose from inside the case when the watch moves .

I will try the de-magnetizer first otherwise will need to find a trusted service person, thankfully I think there are a few here in my city.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Thanks I will give the de-magnetizer a shot,

I also suspect there is something wrong inside as there is a clanking nose from inside the case when the watch moves .

I will try the de-magnetizer first otherwise will need to find a trusted service person, thankfully I think there are a few here in my city.

If you need to repair the movement and it's an a2824, I'd strongly suggest swapping in a swiss 2824. Better long term reliability and around the same cost as a full service.

Roy69

29/6/22
Thanks for the suggestion. I demagnetized the watch, but now the watch is stopping every now and then. The winding crown in the first position is no longer even winding. Im sure the mechanism is screwed. I will contact a service person to get an estimate for the swiss movement.

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Bummer. I am always very careful when handling the crown, the sound it makes is not always kosher.
Well, view it like this, sooner or later a Swiss movement swap would have occurred, after that your piece will last ages.

Roy69

29/6/22
Update:

I got my watch serviced today by Victor who was recommended on this forum. It turns out the rotor was barely spinning and there was no oil whatsoever. It took 20 mins overall to fix and total damages for service was $60. Its running smooth now. Timegraph numbers were +5 sec/day.

I will be looking at eBay to switch to a swiss movement sometime late this year or early next year.

Reactions: Onepickledginger

Roy69

29/6/22
Update 2:

I had reached out to Puretime via email advising them of this issue and they had originally agreed to apply a ‘reasonable reimbursement’ . I provided the necessary service and travel expenses receipts.

Puretime responded stating the max they can reimbuse is $30 and towards my next purchase.

Frankly I am not happy with this resolution. I do not wish to be hasty and post a negative review here potentially spoiling business for Puretime.

I would appreciate if the senior members can provide some guidance and help arrive at a resolution with the TD. Thank you.