• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Current shipping status and times

CartierWristPatek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/22
Ryan said that he would get me a replacement but I needed a new shipping address, lol. I told him to just refund me the money. We’ll see.
Why would you need a new address?
That don’t quite make sense to me.
Hopefully I don’t gotta go thru all of that…

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Why would you need a new address?
That don’t quite make sense to me.
Hopefully I don’t gotta go thru all of that…
If the US customs are anything like in EU (and Im afraid they are nowdays), multiple packages from the same location, to the same address, with roughly the same contents raise flags with them. Different address and name would be very helpful in this scenario.

Reactions: jped337717

jped337717

15/8/21
If the US customs are anything like in EU (and Im afraid they are nowdays), multiple packages from the same location, to the same address, with roughly the same contents raise flags with them. Different address and name would be very helpful in this scenario.
Well, good thing is that Ryan refunded the money.
My question is, should I wait a few months to order again or would I be flagged my Customs?
Thanks

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Well, good thing is that Ryan refunded the money.
My question is, should I wait a few months to order again or would I be flagged my Customs?
Thanks
Either wait couple months, or order from a different source (and make sure they dont ship wrapped or with boxes, preferably ship the strap and the head separatelly and state “watch parts for repair” or something of that nature.
I had several conversations with customs ppl ”deep in the building” and they told me “if it looks like its new, we will confiscate it”.

jped337717

15/8/21
Either wait couple months, or order from a different source (and make sure they dont ship wrapped or with boxes, preferably ship the strap and the head separatelly and state “watch parts for repair” or something of that nature.
I had several conversations with customs ppl ”deep in the building” and they told me “if it looks like its new, we will confiscate it”.
Thanks for the quick response. I have ordered several watches from Ryan throughout the years with no problem. I have no idea what happened this time. At least, I got my money back.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
The laws and regulations changed, thats what happened.
In some countries, they HAVE TO scan EVERY package and HAVE TO do the whole customs process for each of them.
Not only its ridiculous and costly on their end, it also prolongs the, already ungodly, wait times with them.

CartierWristPatek

3/11/22
Still no update on my end…
Ryan got back with me yesterday via email and stated the shipping department wants us to wait one more week (7 days) and if nothing updates or shows up, we can figure out a replacement..

Reactions: Procurator

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Ryan got back with me yesterday via email and stated the shipping department wants us to wait one more week (7 days) and if nothing updates or shows up, we can figure out a replacement..
Thats sucks buddy.. But at least theres comms and you will be taken care of, if things go south completely. Fingers crossed for ya.

Reactions: CartierWristPatek

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Post “lost” my package to a member in Portugal, so Im dealing with a similar situation, completely understand you. Hopefully everything comes to a happy ending for you. :)

Punkin3.14

Looking Around
18/11/22
I'm in the exact same boat with you! Ordered Rolex and box, shipped on Oct 9. No tracking update as of yet. Ryan has been very responsive but they are the same responses you folks get. I haven't received the latest (wait 7 more days) but I'm sure its coming shortly. Seems Ryan does the right thing so...the wait continues. Best of luck for all of us!!!

Sagaji1

Horology Curious
9/11/22
USA
I'm in the exact same boat with you! Ordered Rolex and box, shipped on Oct 9. No tracking update as of yet. Ryan has been very responsive but they are the same responses you folks get. I haven't received the latest (wait 7 more days) but I'm sure its coming shortly. Seems Ryan does the right thing so...the wait continues. Best of luck for all of us!!!
What does the tracking status say? I received a second tracking number but the status has remained "Label created, not yet in system" for the past seven days. Original ship date was Oct 19 '22. Ryan responded a few days ago stating that my package has been released from the US customs and that the new (second) tracking number should become traceable in a couple of days. fingers crossed.

CartierWristPatek

3/11/22
What does the tracking status say? I received a second tracking number but the status has remained "Label created, not yet in system" for the past seven days. Original ship date was Oct 19 '22. Ryan responded a few days ago stating that my package has been released from the US customs and that the new (second) tracking number should become traceable in a couple of days. fingers crossed.
Ryan told me something similar like this.
He had said about a week ago that the shipping department confirmed the package is within the US, and tracking should be updated shortly.
But that never happened and still shows the same.
I replied back about and asked if it was the same tracking or did they have a new one for me, and they said it’s the same one and resent it to be sure.
So I don’t know lol but them telling him it made it into the US would mean it’s passed customs right?
All I can do is hope lol

jped337717

15/8/21
Ryan told me something similar like this.
He had said about a week ago that the shipping department confirmed the package is within the US, and tracking should be updated shortly.
But that never happened and still shows the same.
I replied back about and asked if it was the same tracking or did they have a new one for me, and they said it’s the same one and resent it to be sure.
So I don’t know lol but them telling him it made it into the US would mean it’s passed customs right?
All I can do is hope lol
Not for nothing, but he told me the same thing and a week later told me that my package was seized by Customs. Keep your fingers crossed Bud.