• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crown/Stem won’t engage VSF 441

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Just finished installing a new crystal on my VSF PAM 441. When I went to put the stem back in, it goes in without issue but comes out completely. It appears keyless isn’t catching the stem.

Any known tricks or hacks to try for a noob? The watch will wind but cant change time.

fb293d38980dec1ff522ca2a9b10610e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Your keyless works needs to be reset. In order to reach those parts, partial disassembly is necessary. Especially hands and dial have to be removed.

If you don't have the skills, knowledge and/or proper tools it might be best to have this done by a professional watchmaker.

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Your keyless works needs to be reset. In order to reach those parts, partial disassembly is necessary. Especially hands and dial have to be removed.

If you don't have the skills, knowledge and/or proper tools it might be best to have this done by a professional watchmaker.

I was afraid that would be the answer. So banging the stem or watch around won’t do anything for me to reset it?

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
I was afraid that would be the answer. So banging the stem or watch around won’t do anything for me to reset it?

I am afraid not. The keyless works is a group of very small and delicate parts, that must be interlocked in a certain way to be under tension and function correctly.

Too much poking around and/or banging bears the risk of causing other, more permanent damage.

Reactions: Fl0w77