• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crown springs backward (roll back) when winding (PAM 111 v3)

mdoan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/12
This did not happen when I got the watch about a year ago (bought new from TD).
I pulled the CG lever out...turned the crown (winding)....it sprung backward like 10-20 degrees.
I also wound the watch with the CG lever down....the crown sprung backward only few ticks because CG is holding it in place.

Any ideas on how I can fix this myself?
Thanks

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Sounds like either the main spring click is faulty, or the ratchet cog is not engaging correctly in the gear teeth.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Post up a photo of your movement, and I will tag it with an arrow.

mdoan

21/10/12
when I let go of the crown after winding....the gear (yellow) turned back few teeth....
It should stayed in place correct?

pam1.jpg

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Yes, that should be spring loaded, and return to its native position, thus locking that gear to stop that gear from unwinding.

mdoan

21/10/12
I did tighten that screw down...but it still wants to go back 2-3 clicks before stopping (native position)

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
Normal on this movement. Wind the watch whole looking at the back and you will see it doing it.

mdoan

21/10/12
The watch is still running fine....
Is there anyway to tighten the clickspring...so it does not back out...or just leave it alone?

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
The watch is still running fine....
Is there anyway to tighten the clickspring...so it does not back out...or just leave it alone?

You should not do anything .... the movement in the pic looks correctly assembled.

The crown is meant to row back after the forward wind .. this ensure the stem is re-align with the winding/sliding pinion so that you can set time by pulling out the stem. If there no row back, you will not be able to pull out the stem. (Maybe you can try by winding forward and try to pull out the crown, you will see what i mean).

hope this makes some sense.

my 2 cents.

regards
lz

qanda

17/12/12
I have a similar problem with a PAM 390 I just got. When i wind it, every time i let go of the crown it comes back about half the sistance of what I just turned. It only does that after i wind it around 5-7 times. It seems strange for me.

Thanks!

alpharon

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/2/15
I'm having this same issue with the crown springing back on a new HF 111 and HF 390. Power Reserve is about 18-24 hrs on the 11 and probably less than 18hrs on the 390. I've only had the watches for a few days, so I haven't had much time to test. The crown spring back is noticeable enough to have me a little concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
I'm having this same issue with the crown springing back on a new HF 111 and HF 390. Power Reserve is about 18-24 hrs on the 11 and probably less than 18hrs on the 390. I've only had the watches for a few days, so I haven't had much time to test. The crown spring back is noticeable enough to have me a little concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor PR would be the mainspring, unless the entire issue is caused by the crown spinning backwards, which would be caused by something slipping in the winding gears... possibly the click or spring is broken allowing the ratchet wheel to turn.

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
Yall its a pam the crown is huge which makes the normal ampunt of spring back feel excessive. Watch the click with your eyes. If it doesn’t skip teeth you are good. Your watch is probably fine.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yall its a pam the crown is huge which makes the normal ampunt of spring back feel excessive. Watch the click with your eyes. If it doesn’t skip teeth you are good. Your watch is probably fine.

This thread was started in 2014. The owner has probably sorted it out by now...

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It was literally on the first page??? Is this forum really that dead?
I guess things don’t move that fast in the world of 6497 movements.

Unless you’re a balance wheel. Boom-tish.

Consequently, there aren’t that many things to discuss here. If folk have movement related problems, they’re more likely to post them in the forum dedicated to the watch brand.