• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crown can not be pulled out VR3235 /3135

germansubmarine

Supporter
Certified
21/4/21
Germany
Hey guys,
I hope this is the right thread to propose this question since the VR3235 movement builds on the 3135 for what I’ve heard.

I have a Datejust 36mm from GMF and paid extra to get the VR3235 movement inside. Now 2 weeks after receiving the watch I sadly have a movement problem.

When I unscrew the crown it jumps in the hand winding position which is great. Hand winding is functional as it should be. Watch is running good and healthy as well.
But since I wanted to adjust the time yesterday I noticed that the crown can not be pulled out in first position (date setting) and second position (time setting) anymore. I tried with giving the crown a little back and forth winding but no chance to engage first or second position.
I opened the caseback and had a look but could not see anything suspicious, hand winding looks good with movement open for what I can see.

So my question is: what do you think is the issue with the movement? Is it easy to fix with a spare part?
Or should I straight away buy another movement and get it installed? If yes, could I buy a VR3135 and just move the parts I need to the VR3235 since it’s build on the same base? Or is it not possible?

Best regards

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Sounds like a keyless works issue ,

It may just need a reset , but the dial and hands need to come off to check the keyless setting

Reactions: germansubmarine

germansubmarine

Supporter
Certified
21/4/21
Germany
Thank you for your reply.. i guess it really is a keyless works issue. I have no idea why this happened. I read it can only happen if you detach the crown from the watch… what is your opinion on that?

tongsui

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/5/14
Thank you for your reply.. i guess it really is a keyless works issue. I have no idea why this happened. I read it can only happen if you detach the crown from the watch… what is your opinion on that?
Agree , normally for 3235 if you detach and reinsert and not pressing the crown release button it may stuff it up

Last edited: