• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yellow Gold President Rep

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
Hey all, I'm just curious if anyone here has any live pics of their yellow gold datejust's or daydate's? I think I've been here over a year now and don't think I've ever come across one, and yea I know why, yellow plated reps aren't the highest of quality, but the President is such a fun watch. I spoke with Ryan he said he can try and get me one from BP for $270.

Gen pics here if you don't know what I'm talking about:
k2872_1.jpg

k2872_6.jpg

dredd0606

11/2/12
If a high quality rep of this existed, I would definitely pick one up. I love the president, prefer the day date II size though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
there are very good replicas of this i guess

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
I have always been against full gold reps because the gold just does not look right to me. That being said, they are really growing on me and I have considered getting one.

heero

Known Member
29/3/13
da6e2e8u.jpg

This is my BP 36mm day-date "white gold" with Swiss ETA.

It's ridiculously accurate... Very few tells besides the obvious weight difference between SS and any of the precious metals.

I don't have a gold plated day date.. But I do have a few yellow gold plated reps including a BP 116618LN... Ive had it for over a year now and have worn it in ridiculously sweaty conditions (including 2 straight weekends at Coachella) with zero wear anywhere on the watch. I am talking about over 100 days of wearing this watch including summer heat.... Many times multiple days in a row, and never "maintaining it" (ie: wiping it down after use or washing it or anything like that).

Sounds kinda gross actually after typing that haha... But it's a testament to the quality of modern day plating.

Go for it. You will not be disappointed!!

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK

It's ridiculously accurate... Very few tells besides the obvious weight difference between SS and any of the precious metals.

I don't have a gold plated day date.. But I do have a few yellow gold plated reps including a BP 116618LN... Ive had it for over a year now and have worn it in ridiculously sweaty conditions (including 2 straight weekends at Coachella) with zero wear anywhere on the watch. I am talking about over 100 days of wearing this watch including summer heat.... Many times multiple days in a row, and never "maintaining it" (ie: wiping it down after use or washing it or anything like that).

Sounds kinda gross actually after typing that haha... But it's a testament to the quality of modern day plating.

wowww! I might have to pick one up myself... Is that the president bracelet? Mind taking a pic?

heero

Known Member
29/3/13
Yes it is.

A pic of what? A pic of the watch and part of the bracelet is right there ^

ryanita

Horology Curious
18/4/14
nice good replica watch..
buy.gif
but original is number one...and love..

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
I really shouldn't read these threads....l loving these more and more....damn!

JAFO

16/10/13
I ordered one from Trevor last Saturday...

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
da6e2e8u.jpg

very very nice i don't suppose this bp has hallmarks on the case ?

heero

Known Member
29/3/13
very very nice i don't suppose this bp has hallmarks on the case ?

It's got all the hallmarks... nicely engraved too!

An excellent replica. Honestly the only thing I dislike about it is the fact it is not made of a precious metal... It's just not heavy enough :|

DVNE

7/11/12
Here is a decent yellow gold Datejust from asian7750 Tony.

Click the picture!

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
I am so cautious with rep gold. I had a rep gold TT watch and it tarnished in the Florida weather only after a few uses. I love the full gold look...

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
Gold shouldn't tarnish, since gold oxide is gold in colour. You could probably actually wash any tarnish off with a solvent, and it wouldn't affect the gold since it won't react.