• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Combining my love of cars and watches into one

jaygatsby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/18
Hi all,

After years of working on this design from sketches on a napkin to the 3D renderings you see here, I am ready to explore options on getting a prototype and bringing this concept to life.

I run a small design agency that deals with bespoke high end product design, but when it comes to actually manufacturing these products, especially watches, I have very little experience.

Looking for some reccomendations from the great community here on where I should begin.

nycity223

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/7/21
Wow, looks beautiful. But why would you put your designs publicly, they can get stolen now hahaha. I'd give a rough sketch rather than the entire design out.

But yeah idk, GL w/ finding a manufacturer.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Bro beautiful! I’m the same with the cars and watches, imagine a Porsche 356 watch or a jaguar e type, think of the singer reimagined porsche of watches, I had the same ideas minus the actual work you did lol, I have no drawings ect

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Great gatsby I’d run your idea by a watchmaker on here to see how you can make that come to life

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Looking for some reccomendations from the great community here on where I should begin.
Have you considered getting in touch with Jacob & Co.? Something like that would pretty much fit into their existing portfolio...

I don't see anyone pulling off a project like this on their own without some serious financing. Unless you don't have the funds yourself, maybe crowdsourcing could be an option?

Reactions: joeyc