• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory GMT Batman V3 Review

• Thread starter TrishYou
  • Start date
T

TrishYou

GMT Master II Batman CF V3 Review
Pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/ykWaZN5

This review is based on just my knowledge, experience and a comparison with the genuine watch. I can write you this after owning and using the replica for a couple of months, hope it helps you decide.

Material: both the watches apparently use the same stainless steel. Weight is the same and actual feeling is completely the same. I can see some differences if you apply too much attention to the look of the brush on the steel but you need too much attention to the detail and you need to know what you’re looking for.
Vote: 10/10

Case Shape: to me this looks completely identical. The only little difference from the genuine is the sharpness of the case which you can just notice once you have both in your hands. Genuine is a little bit sharp in some edges (very little) so you can’t really notice the difference unless you have both in your hands.
Vote: 9/10

Bracelet: I had my replica with the Oyster bracelet which i decided to take since I had bad experience with the sharpness of the jubilee in the past for this reference. I admit the bracelet to me looks perfect and fits perfectly, links are very smooth with each other.
Clasp instead I can say I had a bad experience with it, the click for the adjustment is not as smooth as the gen and the catfish appearance on it is very very pronounced, I checked if it was just my watch but all the latest batch QC’s have this problem (you literally have a lot of space between the clasp’s parts which hurts my eyes).
Vote: 7/10

Bezel: Bezel teeth looks really good, so the appearance is on point. Ceramic doesn’t look the same in colour (the blue is off compared to the gen, you can see the difference even on the wrist if you really know the appearance of the gen) and I can feel the difference on materials when touched (very little bit I can), don’t know if it is the fingerprint thing or material.
Rotation of the bezel is good, it’s as smooth as the gen but the replica doesn’t have a precise ring as the gen, when rotating to the left for me it was really hard to Center it, I had to take some time to Center it.
Vote: 6/10

Rehaut: Clean factory rehaut to me is surprising, in person you can not notice any difference between gen and CF watches. This is completely on point to me, on my watch I also had the rehaut completely centered which is amazing.
Vote: 10/10

Crystal: Latest batch Crystal is really good. Clarity of crystal is surprising, I really don’t feel any difference with genuine. Cyclope instead has a slight difference, AR is different (even though is really good) and at sunlight or at low light you can see the difference.
Vote: 8/10

Movement: Movement is really really good, power reserve is good, it should be about 40 hours. It’s pretty smooth so really good point and changing day, hours and minutes is really smooth and same as genuine. I just take off one point because of the appearance but other things are 100% to me.
Vote: 9/10

Total Vote: 59/70

Reactions: karman

mrsullivan

Pink Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
How do you feel about the font?
I think he feels all right from Banned island
Over There Dating GIF by HBO Max

och

Known Member
19/4/22
Great review!
Can you turn the bezel and see if they had made improvements to it?
Previous clean are loosen up and an instant tell.

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
Just received my Clean factory Batgirl. Everything looks great, but as per the original poster the bracelet is very sharp. I've never dulled the bracelet edges before, just wondering if anyone has any experience of this. The only thing I can think of is.. To use a satin wheel, brushing left & right against the grain. Then once the edges are rounded slightly, repolish correctly.

If anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful for the advice.

SeattleGuy

Do not accept unsolicited offers
25/12/21
I got my Clean Batman a little while ago. I believe it has the DD GMT movement inside. It's the newest version. Good winding experience and precise when it comes to setting time, hour hand, etc. And, on a timegrapher it tested very accurately. However, wearing it for a week in a row and I noticed that it's quite a ways off for accuracy compared to its bench tests.

It's not a fatal flaw. I rarely wear the same watch for extended periods of time. However, interesting to note that it doesn't keep time as well when exposed to daily bumps and shocks. In comparison, I've never had this problem with the latest VSF movements: consistently accurate even when used normally for a long period of time.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
And, on a timegrapher it tested very accurately. However, wearing it for a week in a row and I noticed that it's quite a ways off for accuracy compared to its bench tests.
Interesting, how much was off in your view? Maybe it get magnetised or needs a service ?