• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

..|..

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
hand-jive-gesture-infographic-1.jpg

D

d4m.test

...some of what he speaks is true. When I was processed "In-country" in the Philippines, I had an orientation on what gestures and behaviors are forbidden there. I learned native gestures as well, heh!

dave

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
V for victory is done palm outwards, "the forks" is done palm facing you and in an upwards sweeping motion. Quite a silly comment since the V for victory sign originates with Winston Churchill.

The V insult originated after one of the early Franco/British wars. the French used to cut off the index finger of captured archers so they could no longer draw a bow. The Brits used to make this sign before a battle to show the French they still had their bow fingers, kinda like "nahnah, come and get me asshat". Eventually it simply came to mean "up yours".

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
V for victory is done palm outwards, "the forks" is done palm facing you and in an upwards sweeping motion. Quite a silly comment since the V for victory sign originates with Winston Churchill.

The V insult originated after one of the early Franco/British wars. the French used to cut off the index finger of captured archers so they could no longer draw a bow. The Brits used to make this sign before a battle to show the French they still had their bow fingers, kinda like "nahnah, come and get me asshat". Eventually it simply came to mean "up yours".

the british archers going " take a bow ya bloody french wanker" the french archer going " wat the heel is franch waankur? ei will gut euf yur finkar and steuff it eup yur bettum yu smelli enklish cleun"

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well i dont want to spoil it for you guys, but thats 0 out of 4 for Greece... Non of them is correct :lol1:

Thumbs is, thumbs up

Stop is stop, but if you open your fingers then its not good indeed :lol:

No5 is hard rock or whatever

And no7 is indeed calm down people...