• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to center date window in a SSD

chano79

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/1/09
Hey guys, I been looking in the whole forum and I couldnt find a way to center the date window in a Super Sea-Dweller, What do you suggest?

Thanks

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
You can only centre it if your change the entire datewheel... because this problem is inherent in most rolex reps

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

There´sa difference between dateWHEEL and date WINDOW... If the problem is the datewheel, there´s a sticker saying how to change datewheels on this forum that can be used to slign them too.

Here: (It´s just one of the first topics here on the Rolex area and it´s stickered...:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9967

...But if it´s what I´m thinking and the whole dateWINDOW is misaligned in the X/Y axis (We have seen that happen before in WM9 watches, and bklm already stated that due to WM9 poor/dumb assembly) then you will have to move the whole dial there.

I suggest you to get in touch with one of the watch experts here on the forum, talk to Francisco, and maybe he can light an idea for your, or just send a PM to bklm1234, but I doubt he will reply soon, as he seem to be very busy with WM9...

Cheers,
Spirit.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
If you're talking about the cyclops being off center, too high or too low, you can remove the crystal and realign it.

Your post isn't very clear as to what your problem is.

chano79

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/1/09
Spirit said:

There´sa difference between dateWHEEL and date WINDOW... If the problem is the datewheel, there´s a sticker saying how to change datewheels on this forum that can be used to slign them too.

Here: (It´s just one of the first topics here on the Rolex area and it´s stickered...:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/vi ... f=5&t=9967

...But if it´s what I´m thinking and the whole dateWINDOW is misaligned in the X/Y axis (We have seen that happen before in WM9 watches, and bklm already stated that due to WM9 poor/dumb assembly) then you will have to move the whole dial there.

I suggest you to get in touch with one of the watch experts here on the forum, talk to Francisco, and maybe he can light an idea for your, or just send a PM to bklm1234, but I doubt he will reply soon, as he seem to be very busy with WM9...

Cheers,
Spirit.

Thanks spirit, That tutorial its great, I will try that definetly, I dont like how the window is set and the bold of my numbers, thanks a lot.

D

d4m.test

actually PM'ing me is the fastest way to get my response. I love answering questions. I just can't cover different posts and threads.

Anyway, I assume your dates are not centered in the date window. You need to pop the hands and dial and reposition/reglue the dw overlay. It can take a long while before you can find a position that gives you the best fit. It's really only a best-fit effort because often the datewheel of the movement itself isn't even (hack, even Rolex's datewheel can be uneven. My gen isn't).

-bk

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
bklm1234 said:
actually PM'ing me is the fastest way to get my response. I love answering questions. I just can't cover different posts and threads.

Anyway, I assume your dates are not centered in the date window. You need to pop the hands and dial and reposition/reglue the dw overlay. It can take a long while before you can find a position that gives you the best fit. It's really only a best-fit effort because often the datewheel of the movement itself isn't even (hack, even Rolex's datewheel can be uneven. My gen isn't).

-bk

Nice to know that you´re open to reply PMs then, BK! Your knowledge is always valuable to the forum

Cheers,
Spirit.