• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF DJ 41 clasp making clicking noise whenever touching surface

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Hi,

I have a CF Dj 41 clasp that is making clicking noise whenever it touches a surface.

Does anyone here experience it or know how to fix it?

Would you say bending the butterfly on the clasp to tighten the clasp be a good solution? I tried to bend it with my finger but I am not sure if it is bending at all, or I will destroy the clasp…

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
The inner curved part of the clasp (butterfly?) needs to be bent slightly. I've done it many times. If you Google "tighten rolex clasp" you will find instructions. I can't remember if you have to add more bend, or less bend...but it will work fantastic.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
The inner curved part of the clasp (butterfly?) needs to be bent slightly. I've done it many times. If you Google "tighten rolex clasp" you will find instructions. I can't remember if you have to add more bend, or less bend...but it will work fantastic.
Do you have picture of your clasp how it is bend?

Did it work for you and did you have to bend a lot? How did you bend it?

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Did you do this on the new dj 41 or the older 5 digit ones?

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
I just bent it with my fingers. You only need to bend it a super tiny bit. Apply some pressure, then check closure. Repeat until it's good.

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
Here's a link to what I was talking about:

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
I've done it on a dj and a sub
Do you have picture of the clasp result? Could you maybe post a picture so I know what to aim for?

I tried to do it, but to be honest I don’t know if I bent it too much or if it didn’t bend at all. I just know my fingers was really hurting

Is it the CF dj 41 you did it on?

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
The amount of bend you need to add is almost imperceptible.... but if you do a little at a time and check function you will get it tighter. You're not going to break it...
If it's not working then you need to bend it more. What you are doing is changing the center to center dimension of the pivot points on the butterfly.... that way the locking mechanism will be tighter/looser depending on which way you bend it.

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
The link I posted shows pretty clearly what has to be done.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
The link I posted shows pretty clearly what has to be done.
I guess I have to try again, I don’t think my fingers has enough power to bend it. Do you have any tip on other ways to bend it without using my girl fingers?

So bending it both looser or tighter will fix it?

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
If it's loose you bend it more...if it's too tight you make it more flat. I use my fingers to bend it. I guess you could set something up in a vise to do it, but it's really not that hard.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
If it's loose you bend it more...if it's too tight you make it more flat. I use my fingers to bend it. I guess you could set something up in a vise to do it, but it's really not that hard.
But did you bend it to tighten it to remove the clicking noise or you bend it flat to fix it?

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Thanks a lot for the reply’s btw!

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Funny but I did this to my dj this morning. Quick and easy fix to the “clicking clasp” issue

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Funny but I did this to my dj this morning. Quick and easy fix to the “clicking clasp” issue
You did the bending technique? How much did you bend and did you bend it more tighter or flatten it?